Chapter 10 - Brother

Dedicated to beliketarry_

There is always that one person that when you meet them, you can't just help but want to know more about them than what meets the eye.

-THEO

Caleb parks' POV

"Best night ever." Jack lands on me, successfully waking me into the worst hangover ever.

I will never drink again.

"How is it possible that I've not gone into the light yet?" I groan and try to block out Jack's hollers.

After the concert, Jack persuaded us to have a couple of drinks to celebrate. Long story short, I have a hazy memory of Jacob doing body shots with someone; I cringe at the thought.

"Speak for yourself, bro." A caveman walks in, dumping Abigail on me, successfully waking me up.

I do a double-take and recognize the caveman as Marci; her long black locks are all frizzy and don't get me started on how her face looks.

"Now that you're awake, you can have her! Wake me up when we're thirty, and Jack finally asks Taryn to marry him." She calls out to us and slams the door to the adjourning room shut. A bit too loud, making the rest of us groan. She's either Pmsing or having a hangover is not a good look for her. I remember not allowing her to drink, so I'll go for the former.

I finally dislodge myself from the human boulders on top of me. The room is littered with beer bottles and a passed-out Jacob at the foot of the bed.

"Whoa! Why wasn't I invited to the drinking spree?" A mischievous smile comes into view as I take in a dressed-up Shawn and a dark-haired brother.

I'd like you all to check out my stunt double. I know what you're thinking; I thought you were into music? He has dark hair, and you're a plain blonde? He looks like a descendant of Jackie Shan, and you resemble a walking Andrew Garfield?

That last question is very much off-topic, but if you must know. Marcel wanted to test if I were a Guave of all trades (Pun intended). So I tried out for a blockbuster which had way too many stunts. I almost lost a limb when we drove off that cliff.

That my friend was how Shane Li came to join my group of friends. Sure he had to dye his hair yellow and wear contacts, given his role, but he was more than that and I came to find a friend in the cunning mixed China man standing before me.

After the movie was aired, I vowed to never act again. I like living, thank you very much. The only downfall about my decision was that Shane had to move to the Bahamas to take on a modelling job that his mom offered him; it was a win-win situation if you ask me.

"Please tell me that the devil's spawn did not just walk in." Jacob groans from the floor.

"You hurt my feelings, Jacob. Jack, You and I were Ed, Edd and Eddie. What changed?" Shane feigned hurt; his usual smile was getting wider by the minute.

"The day you beat me at my own game," Jacob lets out a wolfish grin despite his slightly red-rimmed eyes.

"Speaking of games, you guys won't believe what I did yesterday," Shane says.

"You finally proposed to some Asian chick." Marci walks back out in one of my shirts and black leggings.

"You became a monk, and they kicked you out in two seconds flat." Jack rubs his chin.

"Wrong, Maleficent; I heard you guys were coming back in town, and what kind of friend would I be if I wasn't there to welcome you guys."

"You got your stunt double act together as a way to pick up your nearest conquest. You, my friend, are a true Kingsman." Jacob raises a bottle of water before downing it in one gulp.