Chapter 11 - Once a Dealer forever a babysitter

Dedicated to lifeisastoryliveit

Peyton Griffin's POV

Have you ever been in an ironic situation; where someone is about to scream bloody murder because of you, and you're about to yell it as well because of someone else?

Welcome to the next day. After Danny and I confronted Joey last night, we went to Danny's house or should I say fancy apartment.

Anyway, back to my earlier question, Danny got called by his father to handle some business-related deals. Unlike father dearest, Joey still lets Danny operate the family business. He has come to face that whether he likes it or not, Danny has a claim to the company no matter how much liability it is. Too bad he couldn't pass on this common sense to his bedmate.

Now I have Charlie in a chokehold; hangover clearly does not affect this girl. So getting her into that position took more flexibility than a snake. Unfortunately, she is better at Karate than me, so my win lasted for about a few seconds.

"Remind me why I always make you feel that you can win at this?" Her mischievous smile was clear as day on her face, and her dark brown eyes dance in delight.

"You may have won this battle Charlie, and other battles before this one, but I promise you. You will rue the day when..."

She let out an over-exaggerated yawn, "Get to the point, woman, before I watch my grand-babies graduate from college."

I narrow my eyes into slits, "You sure you can't remember what went down last night?" I cock my head to examine her from my position on the floor.

You should know about Charlie Sandel; she is horrible at holding down her alcohol, and also never gets hangovers. And ironically, the queen of mischief is the world's worst liar.

So when she avoids eye contact, I need no blind man to tell me that this bitch is about to lie to me.

"So mind telling me how in the first time of your twenty years on momma earth, you get drunk and remember what happened even when the odds were zero to zero?" It's hard to resist the incredulous looks dominating my face.

"Okay, I do remember," She admits while helping me get up, "I am sorry for exposing the secret, but Danny can knock a girl over with that speech of his."

I smiled slyly and put her in the position she had me mere seconds ago, "I'm guessing my apology was accepted." She shrugs.

"Yes, but what happens when you face Danny?" I ask.

She glances towards the door, and her mischief-filled smile graces her face. "I could ask you the same thing when you face Lola."

"What are you-"

"Penny, as much as I would love to turn this into an NCIS crime scene," I glance behind me to see Danny walking toward us with a slightly apprehensive Lola behind him. He reaches us, pulls Charlie from my grasp and places her on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, "I have bigger fish to fry."

He leaves the room with Charlie pounding his pack and calling him every name under the sun.

Once they leave, I have no other option but to face my other half. She looked quite the same as the last time I saw her, which was at the wedding. Her golden hair has grown longer and is in a knot on her head. The makeup she has on is light and flawless, and since I know this girl so well, that makeup could fool anyone, but I'm not anyone; I could still see the purple rings under her eyes.

"Hey, sis," She waves awkwardly and continues to stand where she is, putting distance between us as if we were strangers.

"Right, nice to see you too. Am I free to be blunt?" I am still a bit upset about what happened. I can call Joey and Jordan's words bluff, but it hurts that she thought to keep this from me.