Chapter 14 - 'For a musician, your breath sure stinks.'

Reality hasn't had a way of setting in until it slaps you faster than you can say bow peep.

-THEO

Caleb Parks' POV

Jacob, Jack, Shawn, and I are in the penthouse's gym. I'm running on the mills with Shawn; Jack is doing sit-ups while Jacob is working with some dumbbells.

Our usual banter deviates from talking about the brunette with blonde highlights that came in here not less than twenty-fours ago and has wreaked more havoc than a volcano in Hawaii.

"If I knew that computers do no justice to people's appearances, I would have upped my game before that girl came here," Jacob grunted as he dropped a dumbbell and rested his arms on his knees.

"I doubt you have a chance at her. She walked in with your pants on your ankles and our ex-maid on her knees." Jack completed a seat up and went back down to start another one.

"I can always work my magic and Balaam; we will be hearing her moans in the deepest ends of the pacific."

Jack snorted at that, "The only thing that the fishes of the pacific will hear is the drums which will play in the burial of your penis. You didn't even get to woo her with your magical wording before she set the record straight with her boots."

Shawn let out a laugh at that.

Jacob's expression went sour. Then a sly smile crossed his face, "You know that all is fair in love and war."

"You don't even know what the hell love is? even if it came here dressed as a naked chick in handcuffs."

I stopped running and got down from the treadmill. "Speaking of chicks. Jacob, please stay away from the new maid." I say with exasperation, "It's a miracle that none of the ones I had to get rid off hasn't come back to get her second end of the straw because of you."

"It's not like they will sneak in here one night, cut off our male parts and go ahead and kidnap Marci and Abigail, then sell it all to the highest bidder," Jacob responds with an eye roll.

I sigh irritably, "My point exactly. The last thing I need is some offhand scene from the crush movie. And Marcel does not support dating between employees, but in your case, dating does not matter."

Jacob held up his hands in mock surrender, "Fine. I'll back off after I handle a smart-mouthed girl in the kitchen."

"You never told me what you did to this girl that made her send flames your way when you came in last night." Jack directed at me.

Honestly, I have no clue. I walked in from CD signing; the tension in the room was thick as Peyton froze me over with a glare before marching up the stairs after dinner.

Shawn got off his treadmill and clicked his neck, "Seriously, bro, lay off her. I want to be an uncle one day. And I will not want to explain to my future niece and nephews why they are bubble babies, and their father has been eating from a straw long before they were born." His face shouted amused, but there was some seriousness in his tone.

"Why do you only want one niece and so many nephews?" I ask our quiet friend.

"Trusting my idiot brother, he wants a football team, and since he is so lazy. I'm pretty sure he will only have the energy for two women in his life. That's if he can nap the first one." He snorted the last part with a shrug.

Jacob got up with a playful yet annoyed tone and said, "What is this? Take cheap jabs on Jacob day."

"Seems we have been celebrating this all year long," I add with a laugh.