Chapter 36 - Just stay

No one ever told us to get attached, but we did. And no one told us when it was time to let go.

-THEO

Caleb Parks' POV

Do

It took a while, but Marcel and I finally came to a compromise on the university; I would enrol with his help.

It was close to home, and I could be there for Abigail whenever I was needed. I could also go to the studios when Marcel wanted to work with me.

Marcel and his wife Dinah, their daughter Marci and my sister Gail just dropped me off in the dorms, and they helped me set up.

I gave Marci a big hug and made her promise that she would look after Abigail as if they were sisters, which they are now.

I finished having a quick shower when I walked into the room; I was met with my roommate.

He turned around and shot me a smirk.

"If you swear that you are not a total neat freak, I can promise to keep it down when I bring girls over." His smirk grew wider.

I stood in just a pair of jeans with a towel slung over my shoulders, watching him.

"What say we make it interesting," I go along with his game, "If you give me a heads up before it happens. I'll do both of us a favour and sleep elsewhere. Hell, I'll even spread roses on the floor and leave a bottle of Jack Daniels in a bucket of ice."

He threw his head back in laughter, and I followed soon after.

He stretched out his hand for me to shake.

"Jack Guave."

I shook his hand, "Caleb Parks."

"Say, Caleb, I think that this may be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Re

Jack and I apparently got sucked into watching a movie all night. And if they needed a zombie extra at the end of the world sequel, I'd be the best fit.

"Rough Night," The girl who has sat beside me for almost half the semester says.

Her brows raise in concern, a contrast to her usual scowl. I had no idea what her name was, but I can tell you that she speaks with her facial features, literally.

Her eyes always had a cold yet broken look. Her face tells a whole other story. She hardly ever speaks her mind, it's obvious when something bugged her, but she preferred to stay mute and stare the problem down as if it were to disappear if she looked at it any closer.

"You could say that." I massage my temple with my fingers trying to ease the pain.

"A wise man once said early to bed and early to rise; but I say if you take enough hits of coffee when you wake up, you could literally spend the night having a slumber party with the cast of Jersey shore and still be able to run a marathon at the crack of dawn."

I whip my head too fast and look at her. I pinch myself to remind myself that I am awake.

The pain in my head intensifies, and that's the only reminder I need.

"Here," She slips a white pill into my hand.

I look from the pill and back to her with a dubious look.