Chapter 30 - Dealing with the brother

Peyton Griffin's POV

"You are the world's most horrible brother!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you take someone to the airport, say someone that means a lot to you and there is a slight chance of you guys not seeing them again for a long time. Wasn't it supposed to be a day of snort and tears?

Clearly, I got that part down, obviously not the part of me crying because if that ever happens again, I'd be damned if it were in public.

I was one glass slipper missing from throttling my brother and posing a theory. If I buried him in a pyramid would he have a mummy or would the afterlife deem him too stupid and send him back here for me to kill again.

That's how angry I am.

I had just convinced him that Miami was safe and him dragging my ass back to the Bahamas was going to do more harm than good.

When he said that my thinking was redundant, I told him that I had a deal with the employer that I could have sworn was the one that carried me to my bed last night. I even had to pinch myself in my sleep to be sure that he walked out of the room and not into bed with me.

I am a true dealer. This means that I will complete my end of the deal as far as he completes his and my bank account hasn't been this full since my fresher year in college.

Marcel and Dinah chose that exact moment to drag our attention from bickering in the middle of an airport, to a small coffee shop that looked very quaint.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think that you are both stalking us," I say when Danny and I put our argument on hold and sit in front of them.

"Have you told him?" Marcel demanded because if I said that he asked I would just be sugar coating things.

I knew my face was a pale white with how fast my blood ran cold and my eyes were squinted to glare at Marcel. If you can face my grandfather with a gun in his hand to your head, you can pretty much become unfazed by things like death glares.

"Told me what?" Following Marcel's questioning look. Danny was looking at me as if I just told him Charlie was gay.

Believable? No. Plausible? No. But funny? Yes.

"Peyton you have to at least let someone in." Dinah tried to coax me but it felt as if my mouth had been glued together.

Marcel looked heavenwards, "You haven't opened it yet."

They were met by my silence once again.

"Can someone who still has their motor neurons functioning, tell me what is going on?" Danny asked. The tone he was using was taking deadly calm to a whole new level.

Danny has always been the hot-headed one and I think that just seeing him act differently after a long time was enough to snap me out of my temporary muteness.

"Marcel here is the long-lost Wellington runaway. The one that got away from the British Empire; he and my mother had a thing and she left a letter for me but I haven't opened it yet. You remember Dinah; a very close friend to Mrs Sandel. Mother of the girl that you were between her legs before you came here." I couldn't even suppress a smirk even if I tried. I'm sure that shut down any future questions he was going to ask me.

"Is she sick?" Dinah asked nobody in particular as the trio were watching me as if I was a mental case waiting to happen.

"No, but I am facing facts. If I open that letter before I'm ready it won't end well and furthermore, everything's under control. Once Taryn comes back," I forced myself to swallow, "I will go back to the Empire to face my father and grandfather." I finish with ice clipped into my tone.