Chapter 41 - A Dealer's Wedding

Peyton Griffin's POV

It's my wedding day.

If I know one thing, it's that the bride gets a bachelorette night and a full-on body cleansing, but what I got was a restless night and hours staring at my scar-filled body.

Whoever I end up doing the dirty with should either prepare for a shock of their life, or we are doing it in the dark.

That night may not be pretty based on what stands out first.

I rolled my eyes at my reflection and reminded myself why I do what I do. For the people, I call family and for the person who I killed.

I pulled on the simple dress Chloe dropped in my room in the Wellington mansion. This is not the wedding of my dreams, and I see no reason to wear the dress of my dreams. Since Chloe made it for me, it was still beautiful.

It was made of silk material with long sleeves and a deep V-neck. A small amount of cleavage was on display while the trail wasn't too long because I would at some point have to ditch it if things didn't go as planned.

I decided to at least give my hair a better treatment. I straightened it and pulled it into a half ponytail but leaving out some hair around the edges.

I looked at myself once in the mirror. They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; I see a person who doesn't hold beauty but has the best interest of those she cares about.

I walked out of the room and went towards the dining room and saw Charlie, Danny, Shane and Chloe in the room.

Charlie barreled towards me and engulfed me in her arms, "Finally."

"We would have caught up yesterday; were you not already knee-deep in a mind-blowing orgasm," I remarked as I glared at Danny, who was using a piece of bacon to hide his face.

Charlie pulled out of the hug with a flushed face, but the ringing of her mom's phone stopped her from speaking.

Chloe gave us a small smile as she answered the phone while walking out of the room.

"Now that the homecoming is out of the way, we have bigger things to attend to." I squeezed Charlie's hand, and she smiled at me gratefully.

I can't stay angry at her because she is doing what I wanted for her; to be with the man she loves, her happy ending.

I sit at the head of the table while Shane adjusts his suit and sits at my left, Danny sits at my right while Charlie sits on his lap.

"When Danny and I have begun exchanging our vows, I need you to get Lola and get your asses out of there," I say to Shane.

Shane shook his head vigorously, "In case you have forgotten, I am a wanted man, more dead than alive. Joey hasn't cleared my name yet. I'm sure he is waiting for the knot between you and Danny to be tied first."

Charlie scoffed but not that I would blame her, "I need you to sneak into Joey's office during the ceremony." I told her.

"What for?"

I drew circles on the table with my pointer finger, "You get the documents which relate to Shane being a wanted man and while you're at it, see if you can find out why exactly he is a wanted man." I threw a glare at Shane, who scoffed in return.

"I suggest you curb your attitude, Li," Danny spoke up for the first time, "She is doing you a favour. You need her, not the other way around. I suggest you tell us why Joey has made people want your head on a spike. If we find out later. The outcome won't be pretty, especially if the problem could have been prevented initially."