Chapter 1- The Wedding Deal

Dedicated to Spammewith Spammewith

My very first reader.

Peyton Griffin's POV

Have you ever wondered why people say weddings are so memorable?

The Rev. spoke thickly into the microphone, "You may now kiss the Groom,"

You could say the one I am attending is.

"You may now gouge out your eyes." Charlie, my bestie, snickered from beside me.

The congregation cheered as my father swapped spit with a man named Joey Torent.

I'll have you know, I was against this union from the start.

A silent chuckle leaves my mouth as I watch the scene, strongly resembling a drug deal gone wrong.

You know that feeling when you are watching something with your friends? All of you should gouge out your eyes as Charlie kindly put it, but my friends, that is a task easier said than done.

"But seriously, though, can I please gouge out my eyes?" My twin sister Lola asks from beside me.

"Lola, now that you, me, and Peyton are siblings, allowing you to remove your eyes and leaving me to sit through this alone is quite unfair, don't you think?" Danny taunts her.

"You lost me after the word siblings." Lola snorts.

Charlie tilts her head to the side. "They look cute."

"What is your definition of cute?" Danny mocks Charlie.

The priest directs the two men in suits toward a table that held the wedding documents. The moment Joey signs them, Danny becomes my stepbrother.

An Usher taps on our pew and signals us to come out. Lola and I take the lead while Danny tries his charms on Charlie by offering his elbow to her. We were the only bridal train they had, and like tradition, we march out of the church with the newly married couple on our trail. Rice grains and confetti cover the floor as we step out of the church. We make our way to the reception.

"When will this torture end so I can devour that lovely redhead?" Danny sips his drink as he ogles a girl that passes by.

"Any good thing coming out of this?" I ignore him and turn to my sister.

"If we survive this, remind me to tune the speakers in my room to full blast," she replies.

She doesn't have to tell me twice.

Soon the eventful day ends. After dropping Charlie in her apartment, Lola, Danny and I met our fathers in the parlour.

"Is this the part where you tell us not to expect an extra sibling?"

"No, I believe it's when I remind you to show the manners I have taught you." My sperm donor shoots daggers my way.

"Right, did you teach me them when I drew my first breath or when you forced yourself on my mother?" I say to spite him.

His nostrils flares as he takes a threatening step toward me, but his new bedmate holds him back. He hates it when I bring her up, and I can't help myself.

"Troy, let me." I turn to Joey Torent, my new stepfather, "We have good news."

If I'm being honest, I don't think he would fit the father figure role either.

"You've decided who stays up and who stays down?" Danny says as he sips his beer while standing across the room.

Just because we were nice enough to work as members of the Bridal train, didn't mean we were good kids.

Swiftly, Joey walks to his son and slaps the drink out of his hands. Danny shrugs and sits down by a nearby seat.

"As I was saying," Joey says whilst still glaring at Danny, "Peyton and Danny are getting married. It is not up for discussion."

Danny and I stand up and look at these two men in front of us with disbelief and horror.

"You're joking, right?" Danny does a double-take at his father.

"No, son, I'm not." Joey shrugs. "We need an heir. I am not ready for another idiot to join this family." He grabs my father's hand and kisses his knuckles.

"You have both gone mad." I seethe.

My father rubbed his forehead and begins walking away. "Peyton, it's not a choice. You better get used to your brother because you will see more of him. And I don't mean in clothes."

Before I could say a snarky comment, Father dearest slaps Joey's ass and pulls him out of the room.

Lola stands up. She holds her hands together like a prayer and says, "Weddings always bring the best out of families, don't they?"

"If you think I will marry you, the world must have flipped its axis." Danny spits in my direction.

"The feeling is mutual, brother." I take my purse from my seat and go towards the front door.

"I'm going back to my redhead." I hear Danny storm away.

"While I am getting partially deaf and the house will be full of moans, where are you going?" My twin says with a frown.

"I am going to visit Jordan," I answer before slamming the front door shut.

I climb into the nearest car in the garage and drive to the Kendall Mansion. Looking forward to the reassurance only my boyfriend could give me, but little did I know I was in for another shock.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

So how was the first chapter? Hoped I sold it🙃. Please give this book a chance because, although it looks confusing now, it will be better with time.