Chapter 7 -Never take Deals for granted

Dedicated to nyraliez

Peyton Griffin's POV

"I regret not taking up that offer I came up with and gouging out my eyes." Charlie whines beside me.

"Peyton, Penny for your thoughts?"

I tear my gaze from my other half, dancing with a man that looks old enough to have birthed our father. She plasters the fake smile that we both share on her face.

"Father has really outdone himself. I expected to see men in nothing but thongs serving us cocktails." I glance around the well-decorated room.

No matter how annoyed I am at Lola for agreeing to this madness, I hate to admit that the decorum and guests take things higher. And I'm still wondering what Father told her to make her agree to this madness. It takes a lot to get Lola to do something against her own will.

Danny lets out a wolf whistle as a curvy redhead passes our table.

"If you do that again, your mouth will remain that way when I'm done with you." Charlie seethes her jealousy clear as day. All these years, I have never met someone as blind as Danny.

"At least I will have a mouth when you go down..." Danny says into her ear, but loud for me to hear as well.

"Now, I will rethink ending your bloodline if you stop at that." I glare at him. "We are supposed to behave," Even I joined them to let out a snort at that, "Not trying to gag each other with insults."

"I don't know, Penny. That meal over there would look better with nothing but a rag in her mouth." His eyes remain fixed on the redhead of before.

"I need a drink, if I am to get out of this without having my mom ring up my lawyers when I am charged with homicide." Charlie gets up to make her way to the buffet table.

"A sexy asshole, you mean," Danny calls after her.

Charlie wastes no time flipping him off and makes her way to the buffet table.

"How long will you keep up this act?" I ask when I am sure that Charlie is out of earshot.

"What are you talking about?" he furrows his brows.

"Don't play dumb with me, Torent. I know you're not duller than the weather to not notice the tension between you and Charlie." I glance back at the said person to see her flirting with one of the cute waiters.

With my focus still trained on them, I don't miss when Danny bends a cutlery fork.

"You were saying?" I reply with a smile that could put the cat in Alice in wonderland to shame.

He looked away to avoid my questioning gaze. "She deserves better. And the sooner she knows about our planned wedding, the sooner her heartbreak will come, then will she get over me and find true happiness."

I don't know whether to admire his honesty for a split second or slap him upside the head.

Sure. To him, Charlie is oblivious to the arranged marriage, but it takes a lot of power to hide a big rock on your finger. Especially when you have a friend as observant as she is. When she even heard the reason for my sudden clothed finger, she let out a laugh that could be heard from Ariel down in the ocean.

So in summary and in her own words, "Danny will tie the knot when you cut your hair."

I was about to make a comeback with a teasing comment when Joey beat me to it.

"Honestly, I was hoping they would fall in love soon, Troy."

The disapproving gaze my father sent my way didn't falter as he and Joey took a seat in front of us at the table.