Chapter 13 - Dealer on a run

Dedicated to PikachuGeeky

Peyton Griffin's POV

"So, do we have a deal?"

As usual, a lot of things are at stake here. For every deal I make, I put a lot of asses on the line, but this might be the most sensible one I have made all year.

When the call ends, I turn to face a sober Shane, which is very unusual, he is the most hyper person I have ever met, and his sister takes after him.

What is the China man playing at?

"Mind telling me, what's going on in that coconut of yours?" I cock a brow in his direction.

He sighs again and turns to face me, "Promise you won't freak out."

I give a look which says, 'unless, you did a dick move, I can assure you that you will have the ability to reproduce when we step out of this room.'

"Has someone ever told you that your facial expressions are too readable?"

"Has someone ever told you that you are horrible at stalling?"

"Touché, remember that text I sent you?"

I nod. "Well, here's the thing, Charlie told me about the situation with Jordan. So I went to the estate, and you wouldn't believe what I saw?"

"You met my fathers doing the doggy style." I grin wickedly.

"No, but you really do resent those two."

"More than you know it."

"I saw Joey and Jordan in a heated conversation, I didn't get the opportunity to eavesdrop, but money and some weird code name were said severally. Then I got you this."

He hands me an old brown leather book that might just save us from this mess. I grab the book; with childlike wonder in my eyes.

This book was my mother's journal; Father dearest would kill to get it. When I say kill, I mean that man wouldn't mind being the queen of hearts and screaming "off with her head".

"I would kiss you to say thank you. But only heaven knows where those lips have been in the last twenty-four hours." I shudder.

"And I'm the insensitive dimwit," He sighs and looks at me. "Just give me the word. I'll show you where they have been."

"At least we have proof that you went to school instead of fooling around with the herpes gang." I smile sweetly at him as he shudders and gets up, ignoring the last part of that statement.

"Come on, lets' go. I can already see Danny, Charlie and Lola playing rock, and paper scissors. Betting on us having a horrid make-out session here." It's now my turn to shudder.

Shane stands up and follows me out of the room and into the hall leading to the car park.

Today was Mrs Sandel's release on some new clothing line for men. Shane is wearing a black button-up dress shirt with a pair of white jeans, some fancy shoes and a burgundy blazer. The only part of this dressing that Mrs Sandel hoped to showcase is the fedora that is now perched on my head.

I got stuck watching it from backstage. Honestly, the reasons ranged from gawking hot men with abs and any other reason my brain can think of.

In a blink of an eye, we arrived at Danny's home and luckily, I was met by the sight of the three people I love in this world watching Coraline.

"And to think if we got my father to sew some buttons into his eyes, we would be free from this trouble." Lola sips her drink.

No people, no alcohol. The carbonated drink, the one that has enough sugar that could give kids a head start in temple run.