Chapter 22 - A Dealer's calling

Peyton Griffin's POV

"You look like you just got hit by a bus while performing a blowjob on some hobo from the Simpsons!"

"Nice to hear from you too, Danny." I roll my eyes while I try in vain to tame my unruly bed hair.

I have officially now felt the feeling everyone feels when they fall asleep with someone, and wake up alone in bed.

I might not be saying that I haven't grown a little attached to my music theme employer, but I thought after seeing me so vulnerable last night, he would at least check up on me this morning, but a girl could dream.

"Penny, are you ready to tell me who had the honour of deflowering you so I can rent a deep enough hole and a shovel?" He says while silently daring me to lie to him.

Only if he knew.

"Were you by any chance in your office last night?" I switch topics, but Danny doesn't let it drop just yet.

"Yes, why?" He asks.

I feel my breathing heighten, "Was Lola and Charlie there as well?"

"Yes, are you ready to tell me where you are getting at with this?"

"Seems like our Mafia friend was wiser than we give him credit for," I muttered.

Danny swore hotly, "He found you, didn't he?"

"Unfortunately," I say with grim coating my tone, "He had a gun and a bomb with you guys in that office to use as leverage," I say while tapping my chin.

"It couldn't have been last night because Charlie and Lola fell asleep while I wrote off some documents. Troy doesn't want anyone kidnapping his second and favourite daughter; since you went off the grid." Danny adds as we try to figure this out.

"That means you guys are heavily guarded 24/7?" I ask as the pieces of the puzzle come together.

"Yes, so if Kendall wanted to get to Lola or me, he would have had to bring the whole mafia into this. You know, his name leaves a bad taste in Troy's mouth."

It's my turn to have the diction of an angry sheriff in the west, "That old puss took me for a fool. I swear to God, I thought you guys were being held at gunpoint. He even had the borrowed balls to demand I admit that I crossed our deal."

"Penny, I think you should come home. Safe to say, Jordan must love being your stalker. Since it took him only two months to pinpoint your exact location in Miami."

I don't know what piped up inside of me, but I wasn't having it. I can't go back now when I don't have the solution to get my other half out of the marriage, she was stuck in.

And marrying Danny is not an option. Since my best friend is head over feet for him, as Shawn kindly put it.

I don't even know what I would hold over Father Dearest's head. If I go back with no plan, it won't end in my favour. At least I forget I still need to find my mom's lawyer.

Striking a deal; he can't refuse won't be enough. I'm going to need blackmail, a secret so deep that my Father, would gladly forfeit the empire or the parts he owns to keep it under wraps. But till I get my hands on such a piece of information, I believe my ass will stay in Miami.

"Sorry, brother, but that option is off the table. I have to stay, I think I'm getting closer to getting a solution, but I need total concentration, but constantly bumping into the Don of Mafia is not going to speed up the process, is it?" I'd be damned if I would go down without a fight.

"Penny, don't be a stubborn donkey. Get your ass on the next plane or so help me; I will get over there and drag your ass back here!" He threatens me.

"Danny, how about a Deal?" I suggest.