Chapter 48 - Dealer against Dealer

Peyton Griffin's POV

I close the door of my room softly behind me and sigh.

Nothing can ever make sense. I made my bed and now lie on it.

I gave in to the moment and showed Caleb my scars. He kissed every single one of them and held me as I cried.

He plans on helping me overcome my demons, but it's not as simple as it seems. I start making my way through the mansion to one of them.

My grandfather, Sam Griffin.

Danny joins me in one corridor. Quietly we walk towards the end of the mansion.

When we are a corridor away from the meeting point my grandfather chose for us, Danny stops and holds onto my wrist, making me stop alongside him.

"Penny, I want to make a deal."

I don't look at him but nod slightly to show him that I am listening.

"You know that what lies behind that door will change our outlook on what has happened to us thus far. I want us to promise each other that no matter what happens, we remain loyal to each other; till the end."

I look at him and smile fondly.

Never in my life would I have thought that Danny Torent, one of the biggest manwhore I have ever met with an affinity for women with red hair, turned out to be one of the few people I am ready to protect till my last breath.

"Deal," I say and rest my head on his chest.

The mansion crawled with men in black suits who posed as the security detail. They are more in number because the Empire's current ruler is under the same roof as us.

He wraps his hands around my shoulders and leans downs to whisper in my ear.

"You can lie to everyone through your teeth, but I know that you and Caleb didn't have sex."

I fight the blush which furiously takes over my face. I look at him with a murderous glare.

He matches my stare with amusement, and I end up rolling my eyes at his antics.

"I mean, you both are virgins. I thought you guys would have spent a week in your room." He states his reason.

I managed to ask, "What gave it away?"

He hums, "For starters, you had no hickeys on your neck, and he looked completely calm when you both walked in."

I shrug my shoulders at his observation.

He's not wrong. After I showed Caleb my scars, he held me as I cried, and we spent the rest of the day sleeping in my bed. One of the best slumbers I have ever had, knowing that I lay in the arms of someone I could trust and love.

"Now that that bridge is out of the way. Let's keep moving." I nod in agreement with him.

We walk towards the dreaded room that might just change our lives as we know it.

I knock, and the door opens. The sight of our grandfather's back greets us. He stared at the starry night from the big glass windows.

"Children," You can hear the amusement in his voice. "Have your seats."

We walk to the two chairs that are set aside from each other but yet face each other.

Two men in black suits stand by the door we just walked through. Danny and I make our way to the chairs and slump into them.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush. We leave for Britain at noon tomorrow."

Danny and I shot up from our seats and looked at my grandfather as if he escaped the nut house recently.