Chapter 3 - A deal on marriage

Dedicated to slyreaderxoderxo

Peyton Griffin's POV

Standing in my bedroom is my father, Troy Griffin. He wore his usual suit and tie; his attitude matched the wardrobe. And I need no psychic to tell me why he is here. I knew how this would end. I always make him storm out angrily, or he would hit me. Either way, I got used to it courtesy of the Empire.

Our relationship has been like this for as long as I can remember. Sure, it's very unusual for a father to hate his daughter, but the last time I checked, I won't consider him my father, especially after I read my mother's journal.

"Where were you last night, young lady?" he asked.

Except for the stubbornness which all the Griffins have, we look nothing alike.

"Most likely doing what you were doing." I run my hand through my unruly hair.

His nostrils flared. "I will not have you prancing with Kendal when you are already engaged."

"Just because you say it doesn't make it true."

"You will marry Daniel..."

"Or what?"

"Or you will face dire consequences." He scowled.

"Right. Until then, use the door."

He stared at me, then left.

I'm not sure what my grandparents thought when they gave him the British Empire to handle. Sure enough, he truly fit his role. Arrogant, manipulating, but might I add, horrible father.

My father is a man who will only do what he believes is best for the Empire and doesn't mind who he has to hurt to get it done. And it does not exclude his family.

Still trying to find a way out of the mess, my father threw me in. I get up from my comfy bed and begin my usual morning routine.

I leave my room in a pair of sweats and Jordan's hoodie. I see the redhead from yesterday approaching me from the opposite direction. She hisses and continues to walk through the halls.

I promise I didn't speak to her.

"I see you've met one of your competitors for my bed."

I turn around to see Danny leaning against the wall. I look him over and notice his dull blonde hair tousled about, no doubt by the redhead. He was shirtless, and the jeans he wore hung dangerously low.

Now that I think about it, we could be siblings. Danny, Lola and I share the same blonde hair, but our eyes would be a dead giveaway.

"Not sure how many times you hit your head as a kid, but you are brain dead." I walk past him. I feet him close behind me as we walk down the halls.

"I was going to tell you something important, but I think I'll wait till you have a mouth full of my cock."

I turned around sharply. "If you have something smart to say with that mouth of yours, spit it out. The maids are already waiting outside your room." I say.

"I guess Pmsing is a twin thing."

"Your point?" I ask.

"Lola has been stuck in her bathroom all morning. And her being my favourite sibling, I checked on her. She said to get you."

I didn't give him a reply and went off towards my twin's room. I didn't bother knocking as I let myself into the colourfully painted room, a complete contrast to mine, and opened the bathroom.