Chapter 8 - The start of the end

Dedicated to kaffyTheVirgo

I can safely say that with family comes a whole lot of drama.

-THEO

Caleb Parks' POV

"In five, four, three, two, one... ACTION!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I am your host, the one and only Ken south and welcome to K-entertainment." The very perky man says into the camera without flinching as the lights got brighter by the second.

"Tonight, our guest star is the upcoming musician, who literally started from the bottom. The one and only Caleb Parks!"

I don't know which one was worse, the blinding lights that pointed in my direction or the screaming fans on the set which serve as the live audience. I try my best not to squint my eyes while I give the camera a dazzling smile.

"How do you feel, Caleb?" he turns his attention to me.

"Great as ever, Ken. How about you?" I grinned.

"Fine, but I could go for a," he pauses midway in his reply, and his face breaks into an amused grin, "Nice try, Caleb. But I do the questions here."

I raised my hands in mock surrender and smile slyly.

"So tell me what inspired you to go into the music business."

"Honestly, I just love to sing and dance. I find it easier to express myself this way."

Ken would pretend that he wouldn't know much about me. And he would grill me, hoping that I slip up right on camera. Welcome to the press, who manage to both annoy me and amaze me at how crafty they get by the day.

"Interesting. What kind of music do you make and like?" he went on with his interrogation.

"I make mostly pop, but I want to try other genres. And as for what I like, I really don't have any favourites."

He strokes his beard. "Be transparent, Caleb. Are you used to being a celebrity?"

"Not quite. I'm only popular around these parts of the world, but once I start off my world tour. I think I will get the hang of it."

"So, no stray fans in your dressing room?" he grins while I let laugh.

"As handsome as you are, you can't possibly be single?"

"Believe it or not, I am. But I know she is out there," I smirk at the camera while lying through my teeth.

"And here I was thinking you were a ladies' man?" he jokes. "So you don't have a celebrity crush?"

He wants a slip, and I'll give him one.

"No, but," I pause and try in vain to stop the sly grin creeping along my lips as Ken moves slightly further out of his seat; his attention trained on my mouth or most likely the words that would come out of it, "I admire Billie Eilish. I think she's cool."

"Nice. Do you wish to collaborate with her one day?"

"Yea, I would love to."

"If you had the chance to open for anyone, who would it be?"

Well, that's random.

"Honestly, either Chris Brown or Faith Marie." I was a sucker for the infamous pianist.

He leans into his chair, which signals that it's time for things to get spicy. He asks, "What is that one habit that you can't seem to shake off?"

"I'm not sure I have one, Ken," I answer with a relaxed demeanour.