Chapter 28 - Sibling Dealership

Danny Torent's POV

Almost there, just one more step.

A floorboard squeaked but didn't wake up the sleeping figure in my bed. As I gripped the door handle, a very sharp comb slammed into my hand and made me drag my hand closer to me, successfully letting go of the door. Then another comb went against the door, closed it and locked it.

"If I knew that you were this good with combs, I would have brought them to the party last night." I muse, but another comb slapped me across the face.

With nothing but my shirt from last night on her body, Charlie walked closer to me with fury burning in those brown eyes I could stay in forever.

Damn it, I was more whipped than an ice cream sundae.

"Just so we're clear when you walk out this door and get onto that plane. You should do well to stay wherever the hell you think you are going if you want to live to see whether you got to continue your bloodline." She slapped me again with her hand as she walked into the bathroom.

Another problem with the deal I made with Penny; Lola and Charlie did not know I was going to see her. They would insist on coming and blow up our cover.

Chars felt like I was going to some country to start a new life and forget whatever it was that we had, but it wouldn't be that simple even if I tried.

I sighed because the more I made this goodbye memorable, the more she would be more inclined to wait for me to return, and she would hopefully still love me.

I dropped my suitcase on the floor and went into the bathroom that was big enough for two elephants to go down on each other.

Charlie was still in my shirt as she brushed her teeth. Our eyes connected in the mirror, and hers hardened.

I waited for her to finish brushing, and then she spoke.

"If you came here to offer yourself in place of the sink, I suggest you go find a redhead and ask her if you could be of any assistance." She all but spat.

Charlie was still a bit sad and felt like she would never be good enough to me, but I always tried to remind her one way or another.

I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour and darkened my gaze on the first button that was undone already.

I gripped her waist, spun her around, and palmed her ass up. On instinct, she wrapped her legs and arms around me as I walked us to the shower.

I hadn't showered yet because it would wake her up, so I killed three birds with one stone.

Her eyes were hooded with anger as they looked at me as if she was planning my death in more than a million ways.

Her back hits the tiles. Before she could react, I turned on the shower as it drenched us.

She opened her mouth to snap at me, but I was two steps ahead of her as I covered it with mine.

I tried to tell her what was going on through that kiss, and it felt like she understood me. This was one of the things I liked about us; we could understand each other without talking.

When I was done assaulting her mouth, I rested our foreheads together, and we inhaled harshly from the lack of oxygen.

I knew the water on her face was not from the shower valve.

"Promise me that you will come back in one piece." Her voice had raw emotions. It tore me up, knowing I was the cause.

All I have ever done is make her feel unwanted and broken. To her, I was just another crush she wanted so badly to get over, but I wouldn't let that happen.