Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'

Dedicated to hardcandyxo

Keep calm, you'll find the right people for you.

-THEO

Caleb Parks' POV

Many men have been in my position, but the difference between us is that they would have been groaning and doing a dry hump, whereas I am trying not to die of laughter.

"Do you like it, rough baby?" Taryn pouts her lips at me and tried to look cute. And for a fleeting second, I saw her dart her eyes beside me before bringing her eyes back to me.

"Not sure I do. Why don't I ask Jack for his preferences?" I say, to wind her up a bit.

Her pout changes into a glare in seconds. If it had not been for the people around us and the loud music from the speakers, my corpse would have been the next disco ball.

"You're lucky I don't use my heels to give you a new hole in your body." she rolls her eyes, gets up from my lap, and sits beside me. She takes my drink and downs it without breaking eye contact.

The little spitfire that tried to add a new hole in my body was Patrisha Taryn Alden. Let me warn you now, never and I mean never, call her by her first name. The only person who survived after calling her Patrisha was the guy who Taryn glanced at while straddling me. The guy who thought that a club was the best place to celebrate our graduation from college, since everyone would be too drunk to notice a musician in the room.

That guy, ladies and gentlemen, is Jack Guave. Jack and Taryn have had this on-and-off relationship since freshman year. With Jack being my roommate and Taryn being in most of my classes; and our neighbour in the dorms, I can say that I wake up to a new Telenovela where they are stars of just about every day.

"God... Taryn," Jack moans as the girl on his lap does wonders on him.

I turn my attention to Taryn, who has taken her sixth shot of vodka. The fire in her eyes was unmistakable, but the slight hurt was still there. You would have to be close to her to see it.

"I think you've had enough," I say, stopping Taryn from gulping her seventh while slipping a few notes into the stripper's hand.

"Hey!" Taryn scowls while Jack shoots a glare my way because I have stopped their fun. After staying with them these last few years, I am unfazed by them, especially the ominous angel beside me.

"I think it's time we head home," I say, getting up.

Taryn grumbles but stands reluctantly. Until now, it still amazes me how she can keep her alcohol down with her little frame.

"Caleb, dude, I thought we were supposed to loosen up tonight. We just got free from school and that damn teaching hospital." Jack whines while sitting down.

"I don't know, Jack. We might be free from that hospital, but that doesn't mean Caleb won't come to visit you when I stop your bloodline at you." I grip Taryn's waist before she could launch at Jack for like the twelfth time today.

"I don't know, Trish. You might be my roommate. After you survived the surgery of changing your voice box. Caused by you screaming my name too loud over and over and over and over..."

"Why you, little..." My grip on Taryn tightens as she makes to jump on Jack once again.

I didn't miss the slight annoyance morphing into Jack's face as he notices where my hands were. Then he finally stood up from the chair.

He made to open his mouth, but I beat him to it. "I swear, dude, if you don't shut it. You will be the next patient on botched when I let Taryn go."

He raises his hands in mock surrender while Taryn calls him every name under the sun.