He's gonna be okay

Summary: Peter gets injured and he almost dies.

Warning: slightly disturbing description of violence.

They were gathered in the conference room. They had just completed a mission the previous day and were now discussing their next move on another HYDRA base.

"I hope we are clear on that?" Natasha said after she finished telling them the plan, "Also-"

She was cut off by Tony's phone ringing. 'You are my dad, you're my dad Boogie woogie woogie' started playing in the room.

He sighed and answered his phone.

"Hey Pete I'm in the middle of a meet-"

"Oh s-sorry," Peter croaked.

"What's wrong?" Tony asked suddenly attentive.

"Well, I was fighting this guy and this building fell on me and the I removed it off me but then I defeated him and was swinging away when my shoulder dislocated and I fell into this warehouse and got impaled I'm not sure if I should remove it because I would probably feel the pain. It's also really close to my heart or in my heart. I also cant feel my legs but I do feel like going to sleep. I'm rambling now sorry I'll stop."

"Don't you close your eyes I'm coming for you right now just hold on," Tony said jumping out the window.

His suit in cased him and he flew to the coordinates given by KAREN. Upon reaching his destination he didn't let himself freeze at the site of spiderman hovering a few inches above the ground with a metal rod through him.

Not knowing if he should remove it he just carried his son back to the tower. He took of his sons mask immediately regretting it.

Peters face was pale with blue bruises. His eyes were closed and blood ran from his mouth. His arc reactor broke looking at his son in this state.

He rushed him to the Med bay where his husband was waiting with a few other doctors. Green vain popped up on his neck but he quickly composed himself and started ordering people around.

It had been five hours since Peter had gone into surgery. Tony sat in the waiting room waiting for the news. Bruce walked out with a grim face. He sat next to his husband ready to tell him news that would definitely break him.

"W-we were able to stabilize him. The rod... the rod went through," He gulped and took a deep breath, "It went through his c-cardiac. And shattered hi-his back bone. His healing will take care of his back but his heart...his heart is beyond repair. He," His voice broke and Tony pulled him into his chest, "He only have a few more hours until his heart gives out."

He sobbed into his husbands chest. Tony sobbed and ran a hand through his husbands hair.

"I don't know what to do Tony. I...we can't loose him."

Tony's gears spun as he thought of a solution. Then it hit him.

"I have an idea. I'm not sure if it will work but its worth a try," He said puling Bruce away so he could stare into his red teary eyes, "What if we give him an arc reactor."

It had been six hours. Six damn hours.

Tony had been pacing while biting his nails, a bad habit of his. He didn't watch as they put the reactor in. He would have had a panic attack and that wouldn't have been good for anyone.

Bruce walked out of the room with a smile on his face. Tony took this as a good sign and ran past the love of his life and into his sons room.

There he lay. Asleep and peaceful, without a worry in the world.

"I'll go explain everything to the rest and bring you some coffee," Bruce said standing behind him and putting a hand on his husbands back.

Tony turned around and hugged the slightly taller man. He buried his head in the crook of his neck taking in his vanilla scent. He let a few tears slip from his eyes.

"He's gonna be okay right?" he asked a sob coming out.

"Yeah. He's strong and a fighter. He's gonna be okay," Bruce replied partly trying to convince himself.

"He's gonna be okay."

708: words.