Wings 2

Warnings: none.

It had taken a long, long time but the Avengers were able to gain Peter's trust and make him happy. They had give him the confidence to talk to the quiet Asian kid he sits next at lunch and they had become good friends in a short time.

Life was better. Flash was still a jerk but nothing he said ever got to him anymore. Peter considered the Avengers as family and he felt like nothing could go wrong.

But of course Parker luck had had a field day with his life before and was back from its vacation. Nobody died, thankfully, but it was still bad.

They had a field trip to the tower. Wasn't really much of a problem since Peter could ask his family to act like they don't know him.

What really worried him was the security check. They had to check the size of ones wings to know kind of threat they might be.

Peter's wings were now white with a few feathers light blue. They were also still huge and, if FRIDAY's assessment is correct, Peter's wings had grown by a foot after he started training with the Avengers.

It's not like he could choose not to go, the trip was twenty percent of his grade. So he sat in the old yellow bus heading for his funeral.

The bus finally stopped in front of the Stark tower and everyone rushed out. Peter was the last to get out with Ned. Ned was beaming with excitement.

A blond woman with a bright smile walked up to them. "Hello you must be Midtown High. I'm Julia, you tour guide. I'm sure your teacher has already given you your passes so all you have to do I pass through security before we start the tour."

"Stark tower is one of the most secure buildings in the world. It has very tight security. As you probably already know at the security check we check you wing color and size. So I hope you wore something with an open back."

"If you would just come up to the door and I'll show you haw to proceed. So this huge tube like structure is where you extend your wings and FRIDAY, the AI that runs the building, records your information."

Julia stepped into the tube and extended her small light yellow wings.

"Julia Frost. Weapons: zero. Threat: five. Cleared," FRIDAY called out.

She then walked out on the other side. Flash then stepped in next, as cocky as ever. He extended his slightly dark green wings.

"Eugene Thompson. Weapons: zero. Threat: ten. Cleared"

Flash walked out with a smug grin. The rest entered with threats only as high as seven and as low as two. The only person left was now Peter. He silently cursed Parker luck before stepping into the tube.

"Don't worry Parker we won't laugh that much when your called as threat: zero," Flash mocked causing others to laugh.

Peter ignored him and took a deep breath. He extended his wings. They practically circled the tube because they couldn't fit.

"Peter Parker Stark. Weapons: two. Threat: one-hundred and fifty. Cleared. Welcome back Peter."

Peter then retracted his wings and stepped out of the tube. Everyone in the lobby looked at him with their mouths agape.

"We should start the tour," Peter said.

563: words.