Head over heels

Warnings: none.

POV: Flash Thompson.

I had left my physics book here yesterday. That is my only reason for being here. Not that he's growing on me. I'm only here because the principle made me become friends with him. I don't like him. He's annoying. He's smart. He's pretty. He smells nice- No. I don't like him. I just need to drill that into my head. Because I don't. I obviously don't.

'Sure you don't,' an annoying voice said in my mind.

I huffed opening his bedroom door. This was going to be fast. I was going to walk in. Get my book. And go out. I wasn't going to stay and chat. I wasn't going to stay and take in the beautiful rose sent of his room. I wasn't going to get lost in his brown eyes. I wasn't going to get distracted by his sweet voice.

But all my plans were ruined when I walked into his room and saw him seated on his bed, eating what looked like his fifth tub of ice-cream while watching, to my knowledge, a sad movie. He was wearing a blue over sized sweatshirt and hot pants, both had ice-cream stains. He had tear stains on his rosy cheeks.

He had his knees at his chest as he finished his ice-cream. He set down the container and reached for another on his nightstand. I couldn't just let him do this to himself. I sat on his bed beside him and took the ice-cream away from him. He reached out for it like a child. It was adorable. No. it's not adorable. Focus. Your going to help him. Get your physics book. Then leave. I placed the container on his nightstand and turned off his TV.

"I was watching that," he said.

Even in his sadness his voice was sweet. His words kind and polite. He could calm a storm with his voice. He could have talked Hitler out of world war. He may not speak much but when he speaks it's worth listening. His laugh is like music to my ears. Even a nightingale itself would feel jealous. I'm speaking poetry about him. I seriously need help.

"What's wrong," I asked as I stared into his glossy red puffy eyes.

He broke into tears. He cried on my chest. His small, soft hands clutching my shirt like his life depended on it. Not knowing what to do I just patted his back. It hurt me to see him like this. Not knowing what's wrong. And not knowing if I can help him. It shouldn't, but it does. The only way I can deal with it is by doing my best to help him.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked her in the softest voice I could. The last thing I want is to upset him even more.

"I messed up really bad and now my family hates me," he said in between sobs.

I didn't know what to say to that. When he finishes crying I'll ask him what happened. But for now I'll hold him. Give him a shoulder to cry on. Technically a chest to cry on. But you get my point. After a few minutes of his uncontrollable sobs he was down to sniffling. I gently pulled him away and looked into his puffy red eyes. I cupped his face I my hands and wiped a few tears from his cheeks.

"Can you tell me what happened," I asked him, running a hand through his hair.

"I-I don't want to t-talk about it," he stuttered. I nodded.

I leaned down. It's like everything was going in slow motion. What was I doing. I shouldn't do this. If I open myself up to him, he'll just hurt me like my last boyfriend. My last boyfriend only dated me because of my money. Unlike most guys in my school, I believe in commitment.

But he's the kind of guy who believes in commitment too. And he wouldn't just love me for my money. Mostly because his father is a multi billionaire. With all that reasoning maybe I should probably give him a chance. Maybe we could work out. If it ends in heartbreak, it's going to hurt but that's part of life.

His lips were soft and warm on mine. His arms snaked around my neck and mine went around his waist. The kiss was everything I ever imagine. Soft, sweet and passionate. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Maybe, for once, somebody will like me for me.

After a few seconds, he pulled away and hugged me. I hugged him not being able to wipe the smile from my face. I ran my fingers through his hair and buried my face in his hair taking in his sent. We lay in that position until he fell asleep. I tucked him into bed, kissed his forehead and left.

'That was totally awesome,' I thought as I entered my car. Why had I never done that earlier.

I drove home with a goofy grin. God I was head over heels for Peter Stark. And damn it I forgot my Physics book.

862: words.