The truth hurts 2

Summary: the Avengers are mean to Peter and Natasha comforts him.

Warnings: slight mentions of death.

In a few minutes the marijuana, or known to most as Mary Jane, he had modified and the aspirin started kicking in. He could no longer feel the pain and his wounds started healing at a faster rate. His emotional pain faded away and all that was left was a over excited and happy boy everyone knew.

He closed the cabinet and looked at himself in the mirror. He no longer looked like the world was on his shoulder. He looked happy.

Was he happy? Far from it.

All he wanted was to be held by his aunt as she comforted him after he lost a video game against her or be told by mister Stark he had done good or just have James Jameson thank him for the hours he cut out of his life to save the city.

He sighed before picking up his sit and folding it neatly. It was the suit he had made from scraps he had gotten while dumpster diving. It was a dark reminder that Mister Stark didn't have him for him but for his brains and a free coffee boy.

Going back to his room he placed the suit on his bed before throwing on blue jeans that were naturally ripped, a size to big once black t-shirt and a worn out pair of sneakers that were held together with hidden screws, they were really uncomfortable but they were the best he had.

He face planted onto his thin mattress bed and before he knew it he was asleep. After a his uncomfortable, hour long nap he opened his eyes to the real nasty world. He got up stretched out his stiff, fully healed body out and his bones snapped. Deciding to leave now he got out of his room.

Picking one of the many energy bars in his cabinet, the only food he had in his house, he threw his bag pack that was also held together with hidden screws.

All he had in his bag was a change of clothes, some cash, a really cracked phone, Doctor Banners Gamma Radiation book and all his school books. He always carried them around in case his apartment building caught on fire like the last one he shared with his aunt.

He left his tiny apartment, making sure to lock the door behind him. He walked down the dirty rat infested hallways and stairs until he was out of the building. The streets were a little better, with less trash and more people.

He made his way to the better side of town until the Stark tower was in was in view. He walked through tower security and into the private elevator. FRIDAY took him to the penthouse before he could tell her to but he just shrugged it off.

When he stepped out of the elevator he was met with angry Avengers minus Natasha who watched from the sidelines instead of harassing the boy as they started shouting insults at the boy about how irresponsible.

Present.

"I-I was just trying to save everyone," Peter replied, voice shaky.

He rubbed his forearm, a habit he had ever since he started using. This didn't go unnoticed to the ex-assassin who had studied him ever since he joined the Avengers.

"You were trying to save everyone?!?!," Clint shouted at him, "There were children under that that rubble with you, if the debris didn't shift and make out for them, they wouldn't be the only ones dead. You should have called for back up."

They didn't really know what happened. They didn't know that he had to hold it up himself. Usually he would just let this happen to him but today his drugs had burnt out too fast and he wasn't in a good mood.

"Actually I held the ceiling up. I saved those people. If I had waited for back up many people would have been killed and it would be all my fault. I'm not just some weak, irresponsible kid that you can push around. I'm a hero. I couldn't save the only people I care about so I save everyone else. I can't take any of your bullshit anymore."

With that he stormed back to the elevator and left the building, leaving his badge at the receptionist desk. He was also aware that Nat was following him but he couldn't bring himself to care.

When he entered his apartment he didn't lock it behind him because of Nat, or at least that's what she deducted as she pushed the door open. She closed the door as she entered the apartment that was the size of the common room at the tower.

She looked at Peter who sat on one of the two bean bags in the sitting room that seamed to be the only furniture he had. It was disturbing.

But was more disturbing was the razor, rope, pills and syringe in front of him. She opened her mouth to say something but he held his hand up, silencing her.

"I bought this one month after my last family member and the last person I loved died. I was ready to end my life. I tried and tried but I could never go on with it. My mother used to tell me that the Parker's never gave up," he chuckled humorlessly, "I guess she was right since every time I try to give up I can't. I can't even get myself shot during patrol. When you can do the things I can and the bad things happen, they happen because of me. I could have saved my uncle Ben, I could have saved my aunt May but I didn't and it's all my fault."

"It is your fault," Nat said lifting the sleeves of her sweatshirt to show the scared cuts on her forearms, "I blamed myself for every kill I did. Each cut represents a kill. I hope...I hopped one day with the amounts of cuts I had I would die but I never did.

Every mission the Red room sent me on I could escape. If I escape I can stop the killings. But I never did. I stayed and obeyed everything they told me to do. It was my fault. You could have saved your uncle and your aunt but you didn't. I know that's not what you want to hear right now but it's the truth. The truth hurts.

But you have to hear the truth to be able to move on from your mistakes. Which is all they are. You can't keep beating yourself about mistakes you made in the past. If you keep dwelling in the past you'll miss the future."

They stayed in silence after Nat's speech. Peter kept his gaze on the ground but looked at Nat as she got closer to him. She stood in front of him and crouched in front of him. She grabbed his hands in hers.

"I can't wipe you past but I can help you build your future. I want to come live with you. I can help you buy a better apartment so you can move from this sad excuse of an apartment. I was planning on moving from the tower anyway. So you in?" She asked looking into her eyes.

He lunged at her and wrapped his hands around her in a warm hug.

"Yes."

1201: words.