Protective mother

Summary: Captain marvel is quite protective of her son.

Warnings: none.

Carol Danvers stared into her sons eyes. He stared back at her, not daring to move. She took a deep breath and tried not to have a heart attack.

She had come back after to earth after a month of being gone. She had left her son with Nick Fury. What she didn't expect to see when she came back was her son stuck to the ceiling upside down.

"Nicholas?" She asked slowly.

Nick Fury, who wasn't scared of anything, was scared. He let out a shaky yes and backed up slowly.

"Why...is...my son...on the ceiling?" she asked slowly as she turned around to look at him.

Her eyes began to glow and her hands clenched into fists. Fury's eye darted around the room looking for the best way to escape.

"That's a long story. But I didn't mean for it to happen. One minute he was sitting with me in my office and the next he was gone. Then I found him with a bite mark and a few days later he was on the ceiling," He explained quickly as he inched closer to the door.

"You let him out of your site!?!" she shouted as her body began to glow.

What she did to him wasn't pretty.

***

The Avengers walked into the conference room but froze when they saw a bruised Nick Fury with a broken arm and crutches. There was a woman sitting next to him with a small boy in her lap who was drawing with crayons.

"Avengers, take a seat," Fury said.

Even though he was hurt he still had that cold and commanding tone in his voice. The woman looked up when she heard the Avengers walk in. The Avengers sat down all keeping an eye on the unknown duo.

"Thank you for coming," The woman said, "I'm Carol Danvers and this is my son, Peter. You're Probably wondering why your here. Well, I need you to look after my son while am away."

"It's good to meet you Miss Danvers but I don't think we're the best to be left with a child. SHIELD would be a better place for your son to stay."

"I can't leave him at SHIELD and your the only other option," She said as she stood up and sat her son on her seat, "This is a little fast but I need to leave now."

"It's fine he can stay here," Pepper said getting up to.

"Do you have to go mummy," Peter asked looking up at his mum with big innocent eyes.

Carol sighed and knelt down to her son's height.

"I'm sorry bud. But when I won't be gone for long and when I get back we can go get ice cream," She said softly.

"Okay," Peter agreed with pout.

She kissed his forehead and got up. She said goodbye to her son and left the room. But at the door she turned back and glared at all the adults in the room.

"If I come back and find a scratch on him, you will all have the same fate as Nicolas," she said before disappearing.

The Avengers penthouse was baby proofed and anything sharp was kept in locked drawers. The ground was carpeted and everything breakable was kept out of Peter's reach.

535: words.