The truth hurts 1

Summary: The Avengers think Peter is weak.

Warnings: Drug use, mean Avengers, well described pain.

"Are you really that stupid?" Steve asked the terrified boy.

"People could have been killed, because of you're selfish behavior," Tony scowled.

Two hours before.

Peter wrapped the criminal in webbing before helping people out of the unstable building. He had been fighting for the past half hour and hadn't called for back up.

The building shook dangerously before coming down on him and the remaining people. It would have turned them to pancake if Peter hadn't caught it.

He had lifted a building off of him before but last time he didn't have to balance on one leg because his other leg was broken. He didn't have a punctured lung nor did he have a dislocated shoulder.

"Every one okay?" Peter asked managing to keep his voice steady even with the amount of pain he was in.

And he didn't have other people to worry about.

There was a chorus of 'yes' and he sighed in relief.

"Great. Can you follow my voice and come closer to me?" he asked.

There was another chorus of 'yes' before the sound of people shuffling closer to him. He had to stop himself from screaming when someone hit his broken leg.

"Okay everyone here?" he asked his voice strained as someone leaned on his broken leg.

There was another series of 'yes'. It seamed to be the only thing they could say. If Peter listened closely he couldn't hear any sniffling nor crying.

They were in shock.

Peter felt pity for these civilians. They were just going through their day when they got buried under debris.

With a groan Peter stood straight from his previously bent position. Some debris shifted from the movement. Light entered the space.

Peter squinted at the light's assault but his eyes quickly adjusted. He looked down at the people around him. Apart from a few bruises they were okay. The civilians started crawling out from under the debris leaving Peter to struggle out on his own.

He placed his broken leg on the ground in front of him and whimpered from the pain. He gasped as he put all the weight on his injured leg.

He quickly placed his good leg in front of the other. His hands grazed painfully on the concrete above him as he moved his hands to his current position.

He continued this slow process until he was close to the only way out. He was so close. Just two more steps and he was out.

He took a step with his broken leg but it finally gave out. His shin snapped and his leg gained a new joint. He lost balance and landed on his good knee.

His bad leg was straight in front of him giving him a good view of it's damage. Well it would have I he hadn't fallen and let his only source of light and way out close.

He screamed in pain, the sound bouncing of the walls and hitting his sensitive ears. One of his lungs filled with blood and he coughed out the blood before he drown.

He put the weight of his dislocated shoulder as his hand went down to his throbbing leg. He counted down from three. At the count of one he set his leg straight. He screamed again as the pain flooded through his body.

He put his hand back to it's previous position before waiting for a few minutes. With those minutes he coughed out more blood and felt his healing start on his leg.

Once he was sure his leg wouldn't snap again he got to his foot. He took a step forward placing the weight back to his good leg as quick as he could.

He did this again finally reaching the opening that had formed again when he stood up. He took a quick step out the debris falling behind him.

He was swarmed with media as soon as he was out but he didn't pay any attention to them. Instead he shot a web to the closest building and swung away.

When he was a good distance away he stopped on top of his apartment building. He ended up not sticking the landing and rolled on the concrete almost falling of the edge.

He slowly sat up and took of his mask. His suit needed repairs but his mask was fine except for the blood on it from when he coughed out the blood in him.

He rolled the bloody mask into a ball and shoved it into his mouth before placing his good hand on his dislocated shoulder.

The mask muffled his screams as he set it in place. He moved his good hand down to his chest. He hand dug into his skin, not penetrating it though, as he moved it under his broken rib.

With another scream he pulled his rib back into place before removing the mask from his mouth and coughing up more blood. When he was done he got up and balanced on his good leg.

He clutched his mask in his hand as he limped the edge before crawling down. Once he reached his floor he climbed onto the fire escape before opening his window. He crawled into his room in his one bedroom apartment.

He had lived here ever since his aunt died.

He limped to his bathroom and opened the cabinet behind the mirror. He pulled out the pill bottle with his special aspirin with shaky hands.

He swallowed it dry before putting back the pill bottle in the cabinet. He took out a vile of chemical and a syringe. Hi injected the needle into the vile and drew some of the chemicals. The clear liquid filled the syringe before he pulled out the needle.

He tapped the spider on his spider suit. The suit enlarged and fell from his thin frame leaving him in boxers. He got some alcohol and cotton wool.

He soaked some of the alcohol into the cotton before disinfecting his arm and the needle. He threw the used cotton away before picking up the syringe.

He injected it into his disinfected forearm and released the liquids into his body. He pulled the needle out before disposing of it.

He watched as the newly made hole in his skin healed. If it wasn't for his powers he would have multiple injection marks on his arm for the amount of times he did this.

1046: words.