Vikram

Vikram

I sat in my home, with my best friend Gautham. I discussed about my projects and then I go on to tell about that girl, Sree. He was shocked on hearing what I told. " You sure you took the right decision Vikki? " He asked me. "

"Yah gautham ,you should have heard what she spoke", I fumed.

"What was the necessity to hire her to your company. If you are thinking of some revenge type stuff, I can tell you that you are doing it wrong. Why do you want to waste your energy in this", he asked.

" You should have been in my place", I told him. He sighed.

She seemed like an innocent girl. The first time she came to my office she got us locked in the storeroom. I had to get a few documents. There was a lot of work to be done that day. I had kept the door open by keeping a chair to hold it in place, because I get claustrophobic in small spaces. That's when Sree came in an accidentally moved the chair. The door closed and got locked.

I of course got claustrophobic, my past experience flashed through me and I had to close my eyes to get rid of the feeling. I was a little embarrassed of feeling weak in front of her. I think Sree was really scared seeing me like that. She started banging and shouting loud for help. I was so relieved when the door was opened. A very interesting day it was.

I was amused by the way she sincerely listened to me during meetings and took notes. I took her and Sunil for lunch that day. I was very pleased that she appreciated me, starting my own business without joining my father. I've got tired of hearing people ask me
"why didn't you take over your father's business".

Well, things aren't too good between my father and me. He still wants me to take over his business. Thankfully he is in London now. My company is my life. I have dreams to grow, to make my company one of the best in India.

I love my mom , she is the only thing apart from work that is really important to me. I was happy when my mom told Sree helped her get the coffee jar and helped her make coffee. I usually tell my mom to not go to the kitchen and cook, we have servants for that but she won't listen. The issue is my mom is a heart patient, I get really worried about her.

When it comes to work, I'm quite strict. I believe that will make my employees work better. The projects were going good. I did work from my home for a few days. I had my meetings in my home office.

I was Disappointed when the files were missing . I had high hopes in Sree that was shattered. She hadn't even taken backup. My work was very important and I do not tolerate any mistakes. Such mistakes will cost the company a lot.

Maybe she isn't what I thought she was..
That night Karan came to my room..

"Bro, I want to talk about Sree", he said. I looked up from my laptop.
"Yah karan, how do you even know her. ", I asked. "  

" Bro she has been talking with me everytime she comes here. Bro, I think she likes me, though I have a doubt it's because of my status. I mean how can a girl like someone so fast. The way she speaks to me, I can find out from that. And I think I sort of like her too, I can't help she is pretty ", karan said.

" What karan? what are you talking about. Sree doesn't seem like that, you must have misunderstood. See.. Stay away from her.  I do not want any nonsense like this anymore", I shouted.

" Bro believe in me, I know what I heard. Appearances are deceptive bro,, I just wanted to tell that you be careful with her, she looks like tat but she is mhmm", karan said and walked out.

"What is he blabbering, I thought.
His words stayed in my mind. Then the day came when sree and Hari came to my house for the demo which was incomplete.

After the meeting, I went to call karan for coffee, and thats' when I saw that, them close together , srees hands on his shoulder.
I froze. Maybe Karan was right. My mind went to my past, I've seen people like this, I trusted that Sree won't be like them, but... I got so angry, betrayed, that I rebuked Sree.
Well she talked back to me. She called my attitude low class.

"Atleast now her innocent outside covering is torn" I had thought. I hate such girls. After Sree left, I slapped Karan.

"How dare you.. Karan", I said.
" Bro it was her, what could I do", he said.
"Both of you are equally to blame in this. you don't even know her. I'm ashamed you are my brother", I said and left.

After a week, I had gone to KYG company, for the project meeting. That's when I saw Malini. She was my sisters friend, I remembered. So I spoke a few words to her. Malini told me that she heard about what happened to the files, and said that Sree wasn't as she looked like. I had learnt that by then. After speaking I left and I realized that I had forgotten my file in the meeting room. When I entered, I found Sree blaming Malini for the files. Malini started crying. Why was Sree bringing this topic up today, when she knows I'm here ,that too after so long.

And she didn't have proof. I confronted her. And I got back rude remarks. She told I wasn't her boss to ask her that. I lost my cool. What was she thinking of herself. I haven't seen someone speak to me so rudely.

I informed Hari about what had happened. I didn't want to work with her anymore. I thought I got rid of her, when I got a call from Sharma thanking me for sharing my company's confidential information with him.

Then he sent the mail. What!, she leaked my companies information to take revenge on me! I was fuming. I anyways double checked with the support system to make sure it was sent by her mail. I went to her company and showed my anger on her.

She didn't even apologize, in fact she spoke against me, that I think too much of myself and I can't do anything I wished just because I had money.

I was thinking the company would anyways fire, her for her act of releasing confident information, but her words, ..made me want to show what I could do, I'll make her regret her actions her words, ..breaking my trust, That's why I offered her the job in my company. I'll teach her a lesson by making her life miserable..

"What are you thinking about", asked Gautham. I shook my head.

" Come on let's go for a swim", I said.

Is Vikram right, according to his point of view?

Would he be able to understand Sree?