The business trip

Sree

Vikram was busy for the next few weeks. He was off to many states to make business deals. It was when he was off that I realized that I sort of missed seeing him. I expected his voice calling me.
"Why do I miss him? ",
I couldn't lie to myself, I guess we could call ourselves friends sort of, we even spoke in watsapp messages.

However when it came to work, Vikram didn't share much and he was really busy nowadays, that he didn't reply to my messages too. I just had one more month left in the office. I felt like I got used to this place. Vikram wasn't a bad person. He was a little strict when it came to work but otherwise he was good.

On a Friday I was chatting with Deepa and Sanjay when Ramesh came to my place.

"Sree, sir wants to see us right now come on", he said.

Vikram was back?! I got up eagerly, and realized that I really wanted to see him.

We entered his cabin and Vikram was working on his laptop. On seeing us, he set it aside.

" Have a seat ", he told us.

I tried smiling at him as it had been so long, I expected him to smile back at me but he didn't even acknowledge my presence.

" So we are going to pitch your project ideas to the investors and we have to go to a meeting for that, in Mumbai", he said.

"Both of you be ready in a day, Sunday we have to leave to Mumbai, tickets and other expenses are on the company", he said

Didn't he require to ask us if we were ready to. It seemed like an order. I didn't like this CEO Vikram sir that much anyways. But we had to agree because he was the boss.

Vikram then informed us about details and signaled that we could leave.

I looked back before leaving wondering if I should talk to him. But looking at his stern expression at the laptop I decided that wasn't a good idea.

Does he have a bipolar disorder. At times he seemed really fun and cool and others he seemed really cold.

I went to my place and informed my friends about this trip for 5 days.

" Business trip with Vikram huhh", Deepa teased me.

That's when I realized that.
"Hey no, he is very strict and professional when it comes to work, so it's going to be strictly work" , I told her

Though, I wished he would talk normally to me during the trip.
I took a long time packing the dresses.
Harini helped me. Then she came with me to the airport to drop me.

"Where were they?? Should I call them, I thought when I spotted him, Vikram.
He was wearing sunglasses in an airport! Who the hell wears that, was he some celebrity. I chuckled and shook my head.

He was wearing a neat grey suit and he stood out from others.  The sunglasses actually fit well. People might mistake him to be a celebrity with his built and structure.
He was busy on his phone. I went to him.
"Good afternoon Vikram sir", I said smiling.

He didn't smile back much. He nodded at me and took off his glasses. His eyes looked at me without expression.

" You are on time Miss Sree", he said.

I looked wondering on which tone I should reply back to him.
"So why are you wearing sunglasses in an airport? ", I asked. He gave me a small smile.
" Call Ramesh and ask him where he is Sree", he told calmly and looked back to his phone.

That was awkward! I called Ramesh and he informed Vikram that he was on his way.

"So shouldn't we sit or are we going to keep standing? ", I asked Vikram