Unsayable feelings

Sree

One week passed and I was too busy giving KT to Ajay and Akshara.
They were still giving me headaches with their fights.

I got a call from Vikram's mother, Veena ma.
She had asked me and Vikram to come to Chennai, as she wanted us to go to their ancestral village to meet Vikram's grandmom.

I first denied saying that I already took leave for the engagement, but his mom asked me why that was a problem as I had to ask Vikram for leave permission. I didn't know what to say. I had to agree.
She was very sweet, his mother.. She asked me how I was doing and seem really concerned for me.

I booked train tickets for the same. Vikram called me. I didn't pick up but he kept calling so I took the phone.

"Be ready by tomorrow 5 am, I'll pick you up, to go to Chennai", he said

" No sir, I already booked tickets, I'll go by train.. ", I said

" Train? Why do you want to go by train.. Now you are my fiancé, you need to have some class", he said

"You don't order me around, you have no right", I said and cut the phone

He kept calling again but I didn't pick up

It was a night train so, I took a taxi, I was waiting for the train alone... And when it arrived, I got in.. It was a 2nd class upper berth ticket. I sat down in the seat and looked outside the window.

"You won't listen would you", said someone and I turned my head in shock.
It was Vikram.. He was wearing a casual red and blue striped shirt with short sleeves which made his abs more prominent.

" What are you doing here?, " I asked

He showed me his ticket.
"I suppose that's my seat", he said pointing to the upper berth opposite to mine.

" What weren't you going by car? how did you correctly book this seat.. This train? "I asked

"Contacts", he said

" Why do you care so much about me? ", I asked

" I don't care about you, I care about my mom.. We have to arrive together to my house right, ", he said

" That is a lame excuse, I can see you are lying", I said

"Think what ever you want", he said.

He left to use the washroom.
I thought I'll climb up and sit, and climbed up the rails.

I kept thinking about Vikram and why he was here and my left leg missed the rail and I lost balance. I almost fell when I felt someone support me.

I saw Vikram, his hands were on my hips.
" You can't even climb properly", he said

I turned and looked at him.. His hand was still on my hips..

"You can leave, I can climb ", I said.

" Well you should be telling thank you, as I saved you from a bad fall" he said and let go of his hand.

I climbed up furiously and closed my eyes.. I would wake up when the ticket collector came

Vikram

Perhaps it would have been better if I didn't have to do this hate drama.. It was too difficult to make Sree listen to me.

I tried my best to be near her, but she was adamant.
I used my contacts to get a train ticket next to hers. I couldn't let her travel alone.
I couldn't sleep. I can't sleep in trains.
The lights were off.. Still I could see her.. I laid down on my side looking at her peaceful sleeping face.
I smiled.