Broken heart

Vikram

Diya's eyes were puffy from crying. She still wanted to explain to me.

"It's true love, Anna" , she said.

"Di, remember what happened when you where in class 12. Your so called love.. He hurt you.. And you contemplated suicide.. Do you know how much it pained when I saw you lying on a pool of blood. ,for that guy.. for that fraud.. ", I said.
That was one one the worst days of my life, when I had to carry my unconscious sister to the hospital. I was furious on the guy who was the reason for this and furious on the word called love which lead to this. I was overprotective of Diya after that. Now I felt as if I failed her again.

" Anna, I was young then, I didn't know better, that was different, but this is not, he likes me a lot, he is good", she said.

"Love doesn't exist Di, I don't want you to suffer, you know it's for your good", I said trying to make her understand.

I had seen my friends suffer, and I had girls propose to me just because of my money or looks. I always wondered why anyone would fall into that trap.

"Anna, I think you should understand.. Because you are keeping your eyes closed. It isn't just attraction.. Love is when you like the person for who they are", Diya said.

I shook my head.

" It's unconditional, and you feel free,.. You want to live for that person.. You know what Anna, one day you would fall in love.. And then ,only then will you understand.. that it's true", she said.

"Diyu, stop speaking nonsense and let's go home, I'll never fall in love", I said chuckling.

" Why not? It doesn't ask your permission. Just because you don't believe, doesn't mean it won't happen.. Then you will understand what I feel", she said

"Maybe you already are going down that path, what about Sree? ", she asked

" Sree? What are you talking about? ",

" Anna, I've heard your stories from her. You seem to care a lot about her. And friends so soon, you are not a person to make an employee your friend. Even if you were furious, I saw how you looked at her, the pain in your eyes. I think maybe she likes you too. Don't you think this is maybe moving towards love? ", she stated

" Diyaa, stop this nonsense,,.me and Sree are friends.. Don't speak anything you want just because you want to prove your point", I shouted.

How could she even suggest this..

"No Anna, I'm just suggesting that it is possible.. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean it's not true.. And do think about Sree again.. Maybe I'm right. Maybe you might fall in love with her ", she said.

For one second I froze. I recollected the kiss which was to happen. Would it be.. No.. It was just a mistake.. It wasn't like anything Diya was saying.

I realized that I may have spoken a little harshly at Sree. But I was furious because of my sister. Maybe I should explain it to Sree calmly on why I reacted like that , why my blood boiled when seeing my sister like that.

However, the next day Sree didn't come to office. Was she on leave because of what had happened.
I had fired Sanjay.

I was restless and wanted to message her on watsapp, but I realized that wouldn't be good. Perhaps it would be better to be silent for a few days..

The next day day, Sree came to my cabin to report for the project. My heart beat fast on seeing her. I was happy that she was back in office..
I recollected Diya's words
"The way you look at her.. "
No.. I look at her normally like I look at everyone..