fake or true

Sree

"I do not know where to start.. ", he said

" Imagine my surprise when I found out, you betrayed our friendship... You loved me? I thought you were different.. But you were like all of them.. Acting as if you were my friend and then betraying me with the word I hate the most ", he said and moved towards me.

His words pierced me.. I didn't think he would react like this when he found out what I felt about him..

" I never betrayed you.. you were my friend", I shouted, my eyes looking into his with pain

He chuckled.

" I didn't believe, I heard it right yesterday. .. I was almost unconscious.. But I heard what you told to me.. In my home.. Then I heard what Deepa had to say.. "He said and took a step towards me.

" You confided everything to her? I told you not to tell her, but you did, now see.. How easily she told Gautham.. That too a lie.. How much time would it take for her to tell the others.. My name would be spoilt,.. My name as a CEO, but I guess you didn't care... ", he said

I was overwhelmed at his accusations.
" Deepa betrayed me.. She was supposed to be a friend. .And don't worry, I didn't tell her every single thing especially about the trip.. Why are you so worried, when there was nothing between us", I said my voice raised.

"And about yesterday.. You remembered what I said.. What about what you said.. Do you remember that?.. When you asked me not to leave"!, I asked.

"I was drunk! I wasn't even certain you were there,.. why would I ask you to not leave.... I believed you.. Let my guard down..

And I have no idea..

Why were you going to marry my best friend..? How did you manipulate him to love you..? ", he snarled

" I didn't manipulate him to love me,... He came asking for my hand and my family liked him.. I accepted", I said

"Oh.. How ?didn't you say you loved me and you were going to marry him? Which one was the lie", he asked.

I couldn't try to explain to him..i didn't want to too..I knew agreeing to marry Gautham was a mistake.. But I wasn't in a good state..

I just looked at Vikram, how many more accusations do I have to face..

"Silent.. You do agree don't you..
Anyways I had to protect my friend.. So I sent him the pics from yesterday and I lied that we loved each other", he said...

I was shocked. No way would he..

" You are lying.. ", I said
" You wouldn't fall too low.. To send such pictures of us to your friend.. Why do you even have a camera in your balcony.. ", I said

" It was the cctv camera, and why would I lie.. Who else has access to my home's cctv footage.. You don't know me Sree, and yah it was me who gave the idea to call Deepa and ask her. I was surprised that she decided to tell that", he said

I shook my head. Could he do something like that. I couldn't believe it.
He came near me and I slammed against the wall. He put one of his hands on the wall on my side and looked at me with furious eyes.

"But guess what? You may be lucky.. Because.. You are going to get engaged to me", he said.

" What? ", I looked into his eyes trying to understand..

" You see.. My mom has been trying to getting me married for so long, she had been so worried. Yesterday.. She was admitted to the hospital.. I couldn't just accept to marry someone.. Knowing that I would never love them and spoil a girl's life.. And these rich girls, they are so much trouble, marriage would help me in some business contracts too"