First day

Sree

I joined Vikram's company. The posting was in the Bangalore branch. He offered me a salary less than what I had earned before. Well, my mom was more surprised than me when I told her I'm joining a new company because my client liked my work so much, that he hired me. I had to lie.

He gave me two days, just two days to join. Priya's friend Harini was there in an apartment and was in need of a room mate so she recommended me. That place was close to the office too. So I thought I would stay there. I quickly packed in the two days.

"What if I get in the train and run away somewhere", I thought.

I sat in the train looking out of the window, going away from Chennai, from my home to someplace I don't want to be. I don't mind living in Bangalore but not this company. I somehow have to get resignation without any black marks and join another company.

I reached my apartment and met Harini. She seemed nice. The apartment was also compact and looked good. There were two rooms, so I get my own room. There was a common Hall with a small sofa, a small kitchen and a balcony. I unpacked a few stuff. 

I couldn't sleep that night. I got ready early to go to my hell. The Bangalore office looked similar to the Chennai one. I went to the reception as usual and the lady directed me to see Vikram.

"What? Why do I have to see him on the first day", I had a hope he would forget about me and I never would have to see him again.
Before I could go, an employee came to me. " Sree?", he asked
" Yah", I said
" I'm your supervisor, Ramesh", follow me I'll show you your place", he said

I followed Ramesh.
I thought Vikram, would have told everyone in his office about me and what he thought I did. But no one knew. I was relieved. I expected that I would be getting stares from everyone.

There were 2 coworkers near my seat who welcomed me and as soon as I went there, showed me the place and  briefed the work. They were Sanjay and Deepa. They seemed to be very nice.

" Make yourself comfortable Sree", Sanjay told smiling at me. He was lean and had specs. Deepa seemed bubbly. she was a little chubby and her hair was kept free.

Ramesh then spoke to me regarding basic work and told me that Vikram personally asked that I had to report directly to him in case of any permissions. I had almost hoped I wouldn't have to see him.

Then Deepa introduced me to the Vikram fan gang, as she called them, a group of 4 girls their head was Ria.

Ria was that sort of popular girl types you see in college, acting all high class but actually looking stupid. The reason she calls them Vikram fan gang was because within 5 minutes of speaking with them they mentioned Vikram so many times.
"He is hot.. Smart.. This.. That. Nonsense."
Ria almost considered that Vikram was hers. She even told me,
"You are new here Sree, so let me tell you, don't ever try to get close to Vikram", she smiled
I rolled my eye.

Deepa told me to ignore them. I shrugged.
" I wish I'd go as far from him as possible don't worry" ,I say
"Huh", she raised her eyebrow
" Long story ", I said
"How come special treatment for you huh, you report directly to the CEO", asked Sanjay.

"No idea why", I shrugged.
  I had to meet Vikram, since it was my first day. I had to take some signatures from him. There was a receptionist outside his room.

" I want to meet Vikram sir", I said

"Wait a min maam", she called Vikram " "Maam sir is busy, he says you have to
wait here till he calls", she said

Vikram made me wait for 4 hours. I tried going out, but the receptionist stopped me saying it was sirs rules to not let me go anywhere till he calls. I wanted to just burst into his room. I was going to smack him one day, I imagined slapping that beautiful jaw of his.