Seconds

It's like time has lost all continuity. Every second with you outweighs days of life before I met you.

- Stephanie Meyer, The Chemist

Vikram

I was getting mad! She looked so ravishing that she took my breath away.
What could I do, I was just human, I told myself..

The way, her lips twitched when concentrating on the vessels, the small sound of her bangles as she moved, her eyes! The way she looks at me, the way her eye communicates small expressions, everything about her pulled me towards stealing short glances at her.

Every time I looked at her, I realized that perhaps she has nothing to do with what happened. I was pushing her away for no reason other than my fear! She deserved better.
Now since she was in my room, my fear increased profoundly.

Taking over her company wasn't my plan, I realized the opportunity and I knew how she could benefit too.
When she didn't agree, I blackmailed.. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't think of anything else..

"It s been long since I saw you cook", she said, breaking our silence

" Have.. I.. Ever cooked for you? ", I asked

She looked at me surprised. Of course, it wasn't like me to ask questions of my past.

" Yes, and you cook really well", she said

I nodded. I went to her side to take a look at the vessel..

"Ya.. Have it boil for a few more minutes', I said

The cooking was over, and I went to see paati.

She was resting.
" Come down, paati they cooked", I said and went near her to help her

She nodded and stood up.

"And paati, could you be a little more
kinder to Sree, she is not used to all this right", I said softly

" Again, just like your mother, then let her get used, you don't speak for your wife or she will take advantage of that", she said

I sighed.

"Come paati", I helped her down.

Sree was moving the vessels to the table..
I noticed her pleats were coming out.. I did pin them properly right..

Before paati could see and scold her, I went in front of her..

" What? "She asked

I grabbed her shoulders.. " Come", I said
and pulled her to the kitchen..

"Look at that" I said.. Showing her the waist pleats

"You.. You didn't pin properly" she complained

"Ya.. Blame me for trying to help you too"

I pulled her closer wantedly, to see her reaction.. I wondered, if she loved me still or she hated me now..
Well she shouts at me too, probably she doesn't like me... But her phone password was my name.. No one had kept my name as their password!

I bent down, and took the pleats.. I managed not to look at her bare waist.. That would be inappropriate,.. Maybe.
I pinned them again, and my fingers brushed against her skin..

I creased them together, and stood up.
The saree over her chest side was a little down, so I pulled it up..
"Pull this up, whenever you see it down", I said

I could have had her do it, but I did it without thinking of how intimate that seemed..

I looked into her soulful eyes.. I moved a hair strand away from her face.. Cooking made her hair messy and her face was filled with sweat..