Chapter 22

Kai's POV

Even though Cole saved me earlier, I know he is still disappointed in me. I kept it secret that I am being bullied by that group. Before, I would always tell Cole about my problems at school. I really depended on him. But I am a member of an Elite now, I can't do the same as the old times. Technically, I am Cole's bodyguard but most of the time it seems like I am the one being protected by him.

I am currently eating with my parents along with the other guards when I heard his furious voice outside the barracks. "Where is Kai?"
My dad glanced at me shaking his head.

"Excuse me for a moment." I need to see Cole first before he enters and scolds me here in front of everyone.

My dad faked a cough. "Be quick. You are not done yet."

I immediately meet him outside.

"Now explain what was that about." I rubbed his arm to calm him down and pecked on his lips.

"Let's have dinner with them inside first, babe."

"If you think I am going to let this pass...."

"I love you. Later, babe. We'll talk about it after dinner. Eat with us." He just glared at me. "Please?"
I know I am at fault, so I am trying to soothe his anger. I planted another kiss on his cheeks and clung to his arm. "Eat with us." We entered the barracks, all of them were not prepared for his presence here. It was the guards' safe place away from the bosses but I managed to bring one inside.
"Cole will be eating with us," I announced.

"Babe, I have eaten already." He said and I just replied with a pout.

"With whom?" Soft enough for only him to hear.

"You don't know them."

"Sorry for asking. Just wait for me until I finish eating." I marched back to my seat but he followed me and motioned the guard beside me to transfer to another chair.

"Why would you be sorry for asking? You are not thinking about me cheating, right?"

"No. But you are going home late these past few days. I don't like it."
I told Cole. We are just talking quietly. I don't want them to hear our discussion.

"I am not leaving the museum if that's what you want to hear. I am busy at work. I am not meeting anyone. Ask Kim if you don't believe me." He explained. "Kim, can you tell Kai my schedule earlier."

"No need to tell me, Mr. Kim." I stopped him. My parents are here and he made it sound like I am a jealous wife or something.

"Tell him," Cole ordered. When he is using that voice, we know we need to follow.

"From morning to noon, you were at the museum, sir. It was thirty minutes after 12 when you went to Kai's school and you have a lunch meeting with Sir Sato at one. It was almost two when we return to the museum again and check the new deliveries. Dinner with Miss Aimie at six and we got home before seven.

Who is Aimie? I want to ask but I just continued eating.

"Did you hear him? Do you think I have time for unnecessary stuff?"

Why is he not explaining about that Aimie? Is he his new business partner, a client, a friend, or his new target?

"Answer, babe."

"I am eating."

My parents were just focused on eating trying to act like they are not listening to us.

"Babe."

"What?" I glanced at dad and mom. "I am done, mom. Excuse us." I pulled Cole outside. His presence in the dining area is making the other guards uncomfortable. "Now talk."