Chapter 41

Cole's POV

After hearing him about the marriage thing, I can't help but be excited to be fully well. After feeding me, Kai stayed at the terrace. I can feel something is different about him. I am not sure what is his problem.

"Babe, come here." My wounds are still aching every time I tried to move.

He walked slowly here on the living area, sat on the floor, and rested his head on my lap.

"What's wrong?" I am worried about what is he currently thinking right now.

"Don't mind me. I just feel sad, I do not know why." Kai is usually energetic but starting when I get admitted to the hospital, he seems to be always down.

"Babe, are you not happy with me here at the penthouse? Don't you like it? You have nothing to do but rest and go to school."

"I am not happy."

"Did I mishear it?" I want to be sure.

"I said I am not happy. I love you, you know that but something is missing. Half of my heart is empty. Elite...I miss being an Elite."

"You don't need to be an Elite. Just focus on me, I'll be in charge of you. I don't want them to blame you again if something happens to me."

He lowered his head.
He is now sobbing.

"Babe, you know I don't want to see you crying. Stop that, please. I am not going to allow you to be part of it again. Quit it and just focus on your studies."

"I understand. Just let me be sad." I am not used to seeing Kai down like this.

"I love you, babe. You know that, right?"
He just nodded and helped me move to the bed. "I can manage."

I asked him to sleep beside me. We should be delighted that we are living alone together but I can't feel happiness from him.

~~~~~~
Kai's POV

I am not sure if I still deserve to be in this school after what happened. Sir Gulf is the one who paid for my tuition fee since I was an Elite member.

I messaged Cole right away that I am already here at school. He can't be stressed because he is still not well. I am afraid that he'll come here if he wasn't able to reach me.

"School." Sent.

"I love you. Send me pictures." Damn it, Cole.

I took a photo of a random plant in front of me and sent it to him.

"Babe, I am talking about your face. I miss you."

His cheesiness is too extreme. It's not even an hour since I left him at home.

I saw Pleng so I called her to take pictures with me. We both smiled at the camera.

"What's this for?" Pleng asked me.

"Reporting to my boyfriend. Proof that I am at school and not meeting with anyone." I know Cole. Miss my ass. He just wants to make sure that I am really at school.

Few seconds and my boyfriend replied.
"Why is your face too close with that girl?"

I showed his text to Pleng.

"Fuck, Kai. What if Cole comes here to threaten my life?" My friend is exaggerating.

"Then apologize." I laughed at her when she looks so seriously scared. "Where's War by the way?"

"That I do not know. But seriously do you think Cole will come here?"

"Chill, my boyfriend is injured so to answer you...no, he won't be able to come here for weeks so it means we can hang out after class. Exciting?"