Chapter 36

Flashback starts

16years old Cole and 10 years old Kai.

Kai's POV

The mansion is boring. I checked the surveillance room and they said Cole is just inside the mansion. I do not know where though.

I went to the guardhouse to check on my dad. I asked for money so I can go out and buy at the nearby convenience store.

When I stepped out of the gate, I saw a teen biking back and forth near the mansion. She stopped when she saw me.

"I know you. You are close to Cole. I have a favor to ask you." The girl said to me.

"What am I going to get from you if I gave you that favor?"

"What do you want? My name is April by the way."

"Call me Kai. How about cinnamon rolls?"

"Deal. Give this to him." He handed me a super glittery card. Cole will never touch something like this.

"Call." I took the card and put it in my pocket. "Consider it done. Now let's buy my cinnamon."

When I returned to the mansion, I saw Cole angrily staring at me. What did I do again?

"Where have you been?" He asked furiously.

"To buy this?"I showed him a pack of cinnamon rolls but he tossed it and handed me a bigger paper bag. It is full of cinnamon rolls too from my favorite bakeshop.

"Do not accept any stuff especially food from strangers. I saw you earlier with a girl. Do you know her?"

"She asked me a favor to give you this." I took the card from the waistband of my pants. He took it immediately and split it into half.
"Sir, why did you do that?"

"I hate accepting cards."

"But I always give you cards every birthday and Christmas. Should I stop giving you from now on?"

"How about you practice writing neatly?"

When Cole left, I immediately grabbed the cinnamon rolls given to me by April from the floor. It can't be wasted like this.

"What are you doing?" I almost have a heart attack when he appeared again.

"I'll just give these to other guards, sir. Your rolls are better. Can I share these too? You bought a lot."

"No. Put it in your room, piglet. I'll buy you more after you finished that."

"I love you, sir Cole!"
Did I say anything wrong? Why is it always shocking to him every time I say I love him? I always say that to everyone in the mansion but only he is always surprised like that.

I took the card from the floor and went to my room. What is wrong with Cole?

I fixed it and read the letter. That girl is confessing her desire to sir. She will just be hurt. Cole will never like her. He can't like anyone. Sir Cole is too young to be in a relationship.

I started writing a reply. "I appreciate it but I love someone else for 10 years already. I can be a friend if you want."

Flashback ends...
~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe." Cole keeps tapping my shoulder to wake me up.

"Why?" I asked him.

"You are dreaming." Cole handed me a glass full of water. "Are you dreaming about guys? You keep smiling.".