Chapter 39

Kai's POV

"Why are you holding my phone?" I just went outside for a bit to silenced his protectors.

"Cole keeps calling. You know he tends to be impatient so I answer it for you."

Now, I have more reasons to kill you.

I smiled at him.

"How many guards do you have here, Aug?" I changed the topic.

"Twelve. My parents send me a lot of guards here. We can't be sure if what are the Elites planning."

I grinned.

"So it is just you and me now. How about we play my favorite game? It's boring." I asked August.

"What is it?"

"Darts."

"Cool. But I don't have darts here."

"Don't worry. I am prepared." He almost jumped when I throw the dagger straight to the wall. Of course, he got a small cut on his face from it. It was intentional.

"Hey, Kai! What are you doing?" He is walking backward. He tried wiping his blood.

"What's wrong? Is it not fun for you?" I asked him.
He is looking straight to the door.

"Peter! Peter!" He is calling his main bodyguard. I always see that big guy whenever he goes to the mansion.

"Too bad, your twelve bodyguards are sleeping now." I made them sleep using a needle.

He ran to the door but I throw another knife that made him scream.

"Fuck, I am bad at aiming." He got another cut on his arm.
"Why did you do it to Cole?"

"I didn't. Fuck, I really didn't do it. I was there to check on you. We traced your location that's why I went to that place but it was not me." He raised his right hand. "I swear it was not me, Kai. Do you think I am the only one mad at Cole? You know your boyfriend well."

He may be hot-headed, but he is reasonable.

"Stop pushing the blame to anyone." I walked near him and pulled him through his collar and pinned him against the wall. I took the dagger from the wall and ran it through his skin. "That's for answering my phone. You are the only suspect here. I don't care about consequences anymore, I am going to kill you if I need to."

"Where is the sweet Kai gone?"

"Since when did I become sweet? I didn't remember ever being sweet to someone like you."

"Kai, wake up to your senses. This is not my doing."

"Cole clearly said your name. It is only you. If it's really not you, then why didn't you help him when you are at the scene?"

"...because he deserves to die." I strangled him. How dare you say that my boyfriend deserves to die without blinking. I tied his hands.

I need to call Cole first.

First ring and he answered right away.

"Where the fuck are you? Why is Aug there?"

"Babe, listen. You need to calm down. You are not well yet."

"No, come back here."

"I will, babe. I'll wait for you after you get discharged. So please recover soon."

"Now babe, now."

"I am quite far. I am not allowed there too." I miss Cole's voice.

"Why are you with August? Just come here, I am going to pick you up outside if they don't allow you. Let's just rest at our penthouse... Please, babe."