Chapter 8

Cole's POV

"After those three years, it is still you Kai. I still like you. Now, please tell me, are we on the same page?" I know my voice is shaking. I am not used to rejection.

I held both of his hands. He is freezing.

He leaned on my chest. "Yes, we are, Cole."

I am so relieved that he is feeling the same for me. I kissed the top of his head. I can't contain my happiness right now.

"Now tell me what happened to you here. Why are you so thin?"

"I am not."

"You are. Look at your face. Where's that fluffy cheek of yours?" I pulled him inside the mansion. "Did you have your dinner?"

"I am done already. Look at the time it's quite late."

"Well, I am not yet done so you are eating with me."

"You know that I can't."

"Why not? You can if I allowed you. Now let's go because I am really hungry."

I saw dad in the kitchen.

"What are you doing dragging a guard here?"

"Nothing, dad. I am hungry so I want someone to eat with me." I ordered the servant to serve food and put two plates on the dining table.

"Sir Cole, you put me in a very awkward situation. The food is so good, but how can I eat? I am not supposed to be eating with you."

"Why? You need to be used to it. Because you'll eat with me at this dining table all the time."

"No. I don't want that." He disagreed.

"Why? Don't you want to eat with me?"

"It's not right, sir. I am a guard here."

"So? They already expected that this will happen someday, you and me. I am asking you nicely. Do you want me to ask them to eat with us too before you agree?"

"No. That would be a bigger problem."

"Then just focus on eating."

I started eating while he is still hesitating.
"Come on babe or do you want me to feed you?"

I wanna burst to laugh when I saw how his ears turned red. He was always like that when he was embarrassed.

"What's with that babe thing? Just call me by my name like what you always call me."

"You mean piglet? But I am serious. Just act normally, when you are younger you never rejected my offer. You will eat whenever I ask you to."

"That is different, sir..."

"What?" I put more food on his plate and moved my seat closer to him. Maybe he is shy because of the guards and servants around us.
"Can you all turn around? Stop staring! I am trying to feed my Kai here."

"That's more embarrassing."

I just chuckled. He can't do anything about it. We are living in the same house and this will normally what is going to happen to us every single day.

"Now tell me about that Jin." I am so curious about this guy and why Kai keeps texting him.

"We are friends."

"Do you call him every day? Why do you keep on messaging that guy?"

He handed me his phone. "You can read it."
I grabbed the chance and opened their conversation. He covered his eyes to the possible embarrassment.