Chapter 5

Kai's POV

"Dad, did you see my score?" I got so excited to tell everyone about this good news.

"Of course. You did well." Daddy patted my head.

"I need to tell it to Sir Cole... But I think he is already sleeping. It's past midnight already."

"I don't think so. He must be busy packing his stuff." My dad told me.

"For what daddy?" I am munching my favorite bread when I almost choked upon hearing daddy's reply.

"He's leaving later.  Probably he'll stay two years in US." Dad looked at me worried. "Drink water, son. Don't tell me he didn't tell you."

"I just forgot dad." He never mentioned anything about leaving. I was wrong when I thought that he can be my friend. I guess I am really a nobody to him.
"Dad, I'll just go to the kitchen."
I was hesitating if I would confront him. I am so shy to ask because I know I don't have any right.
I stole three bottles of his milk. He will leave anyway, it's not like he's gonna bring these to US. After finishing it, I find the courage to talk to him.
I let out a deep breath before knocking.

"Kai. You are not allowed here." He was so shocked to see me.

"I am always a troublemaker. Remember? I just knew it from dad. It has been planned for years already and you never mentioned it to me. Do you hate me that much? Oh, I almost forgot. You are not supposed to be close to your guards and servants. I should have known better."

"I just want you to focus on your endurance assessment." I felt his hands on my shoulders. I felt like someone important to me will leave me forever.

"I nailed the exam."

"Congratulations, Kai. Your hard work paid off."

"Thank you. I wish for your success too."

There, I wasn't able to hold it in. My heart is breaking. He will tease me for crying like this but I cannot stop. I don't care if he finds it funny again. Can you at least hold me and tell me that you won't leave anymore?

"Stop crying, Kai. I'll be back and by that time I know, I can finally see a better and stronger Kai. You won't be needing me by that time."
How can I focus now that I know he is leaving? He may be rude to others but I know how good is Cole's heart. He is just not expressive with his feelings.

"My goal remains, to be able to protect you from everything that hurts you."
My goal is to protect you. I want to be your guard so I can stay by your side all the time. I want to be someone whom you can depend on.  I know he doesn't like talking to someone who isn't part of his family. Being his bodyguard, he has no choice but to be with me every day and everywhere he is going even if I am not a family member.

"I am expecting that when I return."

He wiped my tears with his both hands and my face turned red when he kissed me. I didn't expect that.

"Please d-don't leave, C-cole."
I hugged Cole for the first time. I hope that he didn't hear my heartbeat. It is crazily loud.

"Stop crying now, Kai. THAT'S AN ORDER."

I stormed out of the room. I was so confused. I touched my chest. Is this the feeling of being in love?

I finally realized, I am in love with Cole and I am just so stupid not to recognize this feeling sooner. "Cole, I love you so much. I will promise to be better. Please return to me soon."

~~~~~~~~~~
My father stayed with him in US for 6 months. I never tried contacting Cole. Dad said he changed his phone number right after they arrived at their location. I don't want to ask for his number because I don't have any reason to get it.