Chapter 7

Kai's POV

It's been how many hours already since they left. I messaged Jin asking him what are they doing but that asshole is not telling me.

He should have just picked me.

"Tell me now, Jin. I'll give you supplies of bubble tea for a week." I sent another message to him.

"You know we are not allowed to release info about their private life but since you are a guard too, let me just tell you that Cole is very close to Paris' mom. I can always see them hugging and Miss Paris' mom is currently playing with Sir Cole's hair." Jin replied in an instant.

Such a flirt. He is even close to that girl's family.

Sunday came and it's time for Cole to return. It was already 9 in the evening but still no trace of him. I messaged Jin but he said he is busy.
I tried calling him again and he picked up finally.

"Damn Jin, I told you where are you now? Why are you still not going home? You are not replying!" I yelled.

"You know Jin is busy with his duty right? Do you miss him that much?" I froze after hearing Cole's voice. It took me seconds before I finally answered.

"Sir, I am sorry. I'll just call later."

"Don't dare hanging up your phone on me. You haven't answered my question yet."

"What was that again, sir?"

"Did you miss Jin?"
Why is he making an issue? I miss you Cole and not Jin.

"No, sir."

"Good. Because you can't miss him. I am not allowing you to miss anyone."
What the hell? He just dropped the call after saying that. He is out of his mind.

Cole's POV

I want to bring Kai but I know he can't just sleep anywhere. He will have a hard time resting there. I saw him and Jin talking, I remember that guy. He is Kai's running buddy before. Since I can't pick Kai, let me just pick his buddy then. In that way, they can stop being near each other.

I saw how he looked disappointed. I am not sorry for it.

Jin was busy with his phone all the time and hides it whenever he catches me staring.

We were already going home when I heard his phone ringing.

"Jin, always turn your phone silent whenever you're with me."

"Sorry, sir."

It rings again.

Kai calling...

"Sorry again, sir. I don't know what's wrong with Kai. He can just contact me on the radio."

I picked it up and answered the call for him.

When we got home my eyes roam around right away to search for Kai. He is making me damn mad.

"Where is Kai?" I asked the guard near the gate.

"He is done with his shift sir. Must be in the gazebo. The old one." Of course, I know that place.

I saw him lying flatly on the couch.

"Let's talk." His arm is covering his eyes so I am not sure if he is awake or not.

"About what, sir?"

"About you. Are you in a relationship with that Jin?" He stood up.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed.

"Why? Am I wrong?" I noticed that Jin is smiling all the time like crazy within those three days.
"Or I can just ask him here too. Do you want me to call him?"

"Are you serious? Jin has a girlfriend and if he really is my boyfriend, it does not concern you I think, sir. We have our private life too."
I hold his arms and stare at his eyes intently.

"Everything about you concerns me. And if you are really his boyfriend then I can remove his name from the Elite or you can leave with him if you want to."

"What are you saying, sir Cole? I can't understand you." Kai is trying to let go of my grip but I am not letting him.

Why is he so slow? I think I don't need to spell out everything for him. He should have known after that night in this same place that I like him, No, I love him would be more accurate.
I am so in love with Kai that I don't know what to do anymore. I can't think well because he is always in my mind. I want to say I love him but I am afraid of rejection.

"I am just saying that I am not allowing you to have a boyfriend."

"Sir, I don't have a plan at all. And besides, you don't have a say on this. I am the one who should decide what I am going to do with my life."

"But you are mine. Ever since you are young, you were already mine." He lowered his head. "Answer me! You should agree with me, Kai!"

"Why are you doing this to me, sir? Why are you telling me this? You are confusing me."

"What is there to confuse about? Just tell me that you like me too." I yelled.

"Is this still an order?" He asked me. He lowered his head again so I hold his chin up to face me and look directly at my eyes.

"I am not ordering you. But I am impatient Kai, tell me,  am I the only one who is feeling this?"
I placed his hand on my chest. My heart is pounding fast. I hope he can feel it.

"What about Paris?"

"What about her?" I am confused now.

"Is she aware of this? Is she okay with you flirting with me?"

"She knows about you... And why would my cousin care about my relationship? I never asked for opinions from anyone. Even my parents can't stop me once I am decided."

"Wait...cousin? Is Paris your cousin?"

"Of course she is. You are an Elite. Did you pass the exam without memorizing my family tree?"

"I memorized the whole Traipipattanapong clan members. I studied the Kirigun background too. Paris was never mentioned there."

"Perhaps, she is from my dad's side. Didn't you study about Suppasit?"

"No, sir. Not included in the syllabus. I thought Paris is..." He looks embarrassed.

"What Kai? You thought she is my girlfriend?"
He slowly nodded.

"And are you jealous?"

"NO!"

"So you'll be fine if I bring a new girlfriend here?"

"What are you talking about? Just a few minutes ago you are acting like you want me then now you are mentioning about bringing a new girlfriend. What do you really want?"

"Did you just yell on me piglet?"

"Stop calling me that. You have your new piglet already..." I can barely hear him because he is mumbling.

"Jealous?"

"I said no!" He insisted.

"Okay. Let's say you are not but to tell you straight I don't want to see you hanging out with Jin again. Are we clear? Or else....."

"After three years, you still didn't change," Kai said to me.

"After those three years, it is still you Kai. I still like you. Now, please tell me, are we on the same page?" I know my voice is shaking. I am not used to rejection.

I held both of his hands. He is freezing.

He leaned on my chest. "Yes, we are, Cole."