Chapter 2

⚠️THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS THE FOLLOWING:
PHYSICAL ABUSE AND DEPRESSION⚠️

"Hey, Cher." Betty smiled at her cousin as she gently sat beside her. Cheryl smiled, giving her cousin a hug making Toni raise a brow at Betty.

Betty mouthed, "fragile" making Toni nod her head. The redhead pulls away and goes back to her book.

"B, can I talk to you for a sec?" Toni asked, nodding over to the window. The blonde nodded, "We'll be over there, kay?" She told Cheryl. She nodded, looking back down at her book.

Toni sighed as they approached the window. "I know, T. She's still adapting. Remember, she was homeschooled half her life." Betty said sensing her best friend's frustration.

"I know...I know, and I'm trying my best here. I ask her a question and she just nods. No words, I just want her to trust me." Toni said.

"Oh my god!" Betty squealed. "What?" Toni asked with a chuckle as she eyed her best friend weirdly.

"You have a crush on her!" Betty said making Toni blush, "Psff, as if!" Toni shook her head.

"Toni...I've known you since 3rd grade. You can't even lie properly." Betty smirked, "Just so you know, she's lesbian." Betty said before turning away and going to sit beside her cousin again.

Toni soon joined after. Veronica, Archie, and Kevin approached the table. "Sup." Kevin smiled as they sat down.

"Sup, Kev, V, and Arch." Toni and Betty replied. "Who is this fine fox? totally Lesbian." Kevin nodded.

Cheryl blushed but kept her eyes on the book, "Guys, this is my cousin, Cheryl Blossom. Cheryl this is Veronica and You already know, Archie. And that's Kevin, he has the most amazing Gaydar." Betty said.

"H-Hi." Cheryl waved at them, "Mhmm. Shy and lesbian, totally Toni's type." Veronica nudged the brunette making Toni scowl at her. Veronica chuckled, turning to Cheryl.

"So Cheryl, how old are you?" The Latina asked, taking some of her girlfriend's fries. Betty slapped her hand away making the girl pout.

"Uh-Uhm, 18," Cheryl replied nervously. "Girl, there is no need to be nervous. I promise we are the sweetest people you ever met." Veronica told her gently.

Cheryl smiled, feeling a bit more relaxed. "So Cheryl, got any siblings?" Kevin asked.

"Y-Yeah. My older brother, Jason. He's a real estate agent. And I-I have a little s-sister, Madison. She's a sophomore." Cheryl nodded, breaking out of her shell a little.

"That's awesome. Are they cool?" Veronica asked, laying her head on Betty's shoulder.

"Y-yeah, " The redhead nodded. "Jason is super overprotective of his sisters, though." Betty chuckled making Cheryl nodded in agreement.

"Not too overprotective. He doesn't call her constantly or shelter her, he's a decent type of overprotective." Betty added.

"You have very pretty eyes, Cheryl," Kevin said. "I can tell a lot from people from their eyes." He added.

"T-Thanks." The redhead blushed, playing with her hands nervously. "So blue, well, blue-eyed people have trouble with the sun. They're always full of life and their smile is so vibrant it's contagious." Kevin said making Cheryl smile.

"See!" Kevin chuckled, earning a high-five from Toni. "The best one yet." Betty giggled.

Soon lunch was over and it was back to Cheryl following Toni. "After school, I have soccer practice and Betty has Blue and Gold so I'll drop you off there," Tobi explained.