Chapter 92

2 weeks later

"Shit-" Cheryl hissed as she bumped into one of the boxes that sat by the bathroom. "I told Toni to put this stuff away." she looked into the box with a huff.

The family of six moved into their new home a week ago, and they haven't been adapting well. They're getting used to the more quiet neighborhood. At their old house, their neighbors would usually have some good music playing, but now, it was just too quiet for them to sleep.

Which is ironic to say considering that you need quietness to sleep. But they knew that some changes take time to get used to, so they're trying.

Grunting, Cheryl shut on the light of the ensuite before resting against the shiny quartz counter. She runs her pale hand through her messy red hair before reaching over for her teeth brush. It was only six a.m, but she starts her job at the new law firm today.

She was pretty nervous. And that shocked her because she knew how good of a lawyer she was. She was only nervous because she'd have to try and get along with her new co-workers. She's been working with her former co-workers for almost thirteen, or fourteen, years up until two weeks ago.

She didn't know how her day would go, but she hopes its a good one. She heard slight shuffling and smiled behind her toothbrush upon seeing her wife in the mirror. The brunette groaned, wrapping her arms around the redhead's torso.

"Why did you leave?" the athlete questioned, her voice vibrating against her back. Cheryl leaned down to spit out the toothpaste then gurgled her mouth with Listerine.

"I have to leave for work soon, my love." Cheryl finally replied. Toni let out another groan, this time dragging it out. Her wife laughed at her silly antics before turning to face her. "Shh, baby, you'll wake our little monsters."

"I don't want you to go." the tanned woman pouted. "It's only six am, and you know I need my cuddles until at least seven-thirty."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry. I have to get ready. The firm is 20 minutes away and I need to be there by eight." the lawyer cupped her face. Toni leaned into her touch and sighed. Cheryl smiled at her lovingly, leaning forward to kiss her lips tenderly.

The latter melted into the pale woman's touch and held onto her nightshirt tightly, whimpering slightly. Kissing Cheryl never gets old. Whenever her lips connect with her wife's plump ones, she feels like a giddy teenager all over again. She feels the butterflies in her stomach whenever the redhead would press a kiss on her cheek, neck, forehead, just touching her in general.

She loves the feelings she gets when her wife simply looks at her. She never wants it to go away because each moment feels so magical. So...unreal.

As she started to pull away, Cheryl pecked her lips with each inch they pulled away. The butterflies in the redhead's stomach grew bigger when she met her favorite pair of brown eyes. "I love you," she murmurs.

"I love you more." Toni bit her lip. "Not this again." Cheryl huffed, playfully rolling her eyes. Toni giggled before cupping her face and pressing kisses all over her wife's soft skin. The redhead laughed as she basked in all the affection her wife was giving her. "Okay, okay, baby. I really have to get dressed now." the lawyer gently pulled herself away.

"Nope. Not until you admit it." her wife smirked. "Admit what?" the redhead looked at her with confusion. "That I love you more."

"Hmm...no." ginger hair bounces as the woman shakes her head. "Okay..." Toni brought up her hands. "This is your last warning..."

"I'm not going-" Cheryl was cut off by her contagious laughter. Toni's fingers wiggled against her stomach, smiling and laughing along with her wife. "St-stop-baby- I-"