Chapter 53

2 months later

Pregnancy is something Toni thought she'd never experience because she felt as if she wasn't going to find her soulmate. But, Toni felt blessed to have the chance to even carry one, let alone have the amazing family she has now.

Hunter was cuddled up against her chest while Cheryl cuddled her from behind as they laid in their queen-sized bed together.

Cheryl's warm breath repeatedly grazed her neck, bringing her comfort as she tried to use it to lull herself back to sleep.

She woke up only 2 hours later to Hunter and her wife giggling about something. She stirred, turning to see Cheryl tickling their son. The boy squirmed and laughed excitedly, trying to get out of his mother's grasp.

"This is what I wake up to?" Toni chuckled. Hunter looked over and smiled, going to hug the brunette.

"Good morning to you too, baby." The brunette rasped out, rubbing her son's clothed back. "He wanted to wake you up, but I stopped him," Cheryl says, leaning down to kiss her wife sweetly.

"We have to get up anyway, we have to make it to the doctors before 12," Toni said, sitting up, Hunter never letting go of her.

"Someone's clingy today." Cheryl points out as she got up to get ready. "What's wrong, bug?" Toni looked down at her mini-me. Hunter just shook his head and Cheryl smiled at the sight. Sometimes Hunter would get attached to Toni. They had the strongest bond ever, and Cheryl really admired that.

"We have to get ready, okay?" Toni whispered to him, rubbing his back. Hunter nodded and let Toni carry him into his room to get dressed.

"Momma?" Hunter mumbled as Toni pulled his shirt over his head. "What is it, my love?" She asked as she went to look for some sweats to put on him.

"I wear those!" He pointed to his blue crocs.

"You wanna wear crocs today?" The brunette giggled walking back over to his changing table. "Mhm." He hummed.

"Alright, buddy." Toni shrugged and continued to dress him.

*********

Cheryl moved Hunter's hair out of his face as they sat in the waiting room of Dr. Sanders' office. Hunter was transfixed on the Tv that rested on the wall.

"If she gives us the go-ahead, I have the best way to tell our family," Cheryl whispered to her wife.

"Really? I was thinking of a few." Toni replied.

Before Cheryl could ask what it was, Dr. Sanders nodded for them to join her in the room. Cheryl placed Hunter on the floor, gently grabbing his hand and leading him toward the room.

"I see you brought company!" Dr. Sanders says gleefully. "Hi, Hunter." She smiled, bending down to her level.

"Hi." He smiled. He had no idea who she was but she seemed friendly, and his momma always told him to be nice to friendly people.

"Man, you've gotten so big." She chuckled and stood up.

"He's so sweet. You two are doing amazing." She chuckled, "Alright, Toni. Go ahead and rest on the bed for me." She smiled.

Cheryl sat Hunter down in his seat, handing him one of his cars, "Behave, bub." She kissed his cheek and went to stand beside Toni.

"How are you doing?" She asked Toni as she put on her gloves. "I'm doing amazing. I've been having less morning sickness, but I've been craving the weirdest things ever." The brunette chuckled.

"It's worse than what I craved when I was pregnant with Hunter." Cheryl piped in. Dr. Sanders chuckled, "It's gonna be like that."

"Alright, today we'll listen to its heartbeat and give you a due date." She told the couple. "When will we be able to tell our family? They're coming over later today." Toni asked.