Chapter 47

3 months later

Toni carried Hunter and the groceries with one hand while the 5-month-old cried in her arms.

Toni let out a frustrated huffed as she held the door open to let herself in. She rushed into the kitchen to place the bags on the counter and let out a sigh of relief. She carried Hunter into the living room, "Where did mommy put your pacifier, baby?" She whispered.

She gently hushes the boy as she takes out her phone to call her wife.

"Hey, baby. Shopping went well?" The redhead wondered. Toni sighed, "Yeah, uh, where is Hunty's pacifier? Okay, baby, mommy's going help find it, kay?" Toni said.

"Check his bassinet. That's the last place I saw it before I left this morning." She said and Toni could hear the typing on the side of the phone.

Toni went over to the bassinet and a happy sigh fell from her lips when she saw the pacifier in the hamper.

"I found it, baby. Thank you." Toni chuckled, placing it in his mouth. His cries halted and he rested his head on his momma's shoulder.

"No problem, babe. I'll be home in about an hour, office is closing early."

"Alright, Cher. I'm going to put Hunter down for a nap then put the food away." She said, plumping down on the couch, and taking her shoes off.

"Don't forget to feed Nala, baby."

"I won't. See you when you get here, I love you."

"I love you more, gorgeous."

Toni placed her phone on the coffee table and rested her son on her chest. She rubbed circles in his small back, the sound of the boy suckling on the pacifier and his breathing was the only thing Toni could hear.

Quiet little "shhs" would come out softly when Toni heard him whimper. After 10 minutes, Toni finally got him down to sleep.

She laid him down in his bassinet. (A/N: Pic at the end) "Alright, let me put the food away."

As the brunette put the food away, Nala sat patiently, waiting for her food and water. "You are a good girl, Nala." Toni smiled, putting the puppy's food in her bowl. Nala's tail wags excitedly as she digs into her food.

Soon enough, Toni hears keys jiggle in the door, and she immediately greeted her wife at the door with a kiss that left the redhead dizzy.

"Woah..." Cheryl giggled, "We just saw each other this morning, baby." She chuckled, letting Toni slide off her pantsuit jacket.

"I know, I still miss you, even when I'm at practice." Toni says, leaning in to kiss her again, "How was work?" She then asked.

Cheryl went into the kitchen, Toni following behind, "It was great, pretty slow day today, but I got a couple of cases filled out." The redhead explained, opening the fridge for a water.

Toni sat at the counter, opening the magazine she picked up at the grocery store. "That's good." She said, looking up from the magazine.

"How was shopping with Hunty? From the phone call I received, I'm guessing he had quite the tantrum." Cheryl raised her eyebrow.

"He started crying because I wouldn't let him play with the Oranges. I gave him one of his teethers, he calmed down then all hell broke loose when he dropped it. And I can't give it back to him because of the germs so the whole car ride home, he cried. I'm just surprised it didn't tire him out." She explains, turning the page of the magazine.