Chapter 11

3 weeks later

Cheryl was at her locker, moving her books so she can place her bag into it. Her heartbeat picked up when she felt hands cover her eyes, "Guess who." The voice of her girlfriend filled her ears making her nerves calm down as she giggled, "My amazing girlfriend?" She asked, holding Toni's hands once they were off her face.

"Hey, babe." Toni giggled and pecked Cheryl's lips. Cheryl smiled against her lips, "Hey." She laughed against them.

"I'm here to walk my beautiful girlfriend to class," Toni smirked, holding Cheryl's waist. "Where is she?" Cheryl mocked jealously making Toni laugh.

"It's you, baby." The soccer player smirked, kissing Cheryl's cheek as the redhead grabbed her books and shut her locker. "I don't think I'd ever get tired of you calling me that." She sighed.

Toni chuckled and grabbed Cheryl's books. "Wait, don't you have class?" The redhead asked.

"No, free period." Toni shrugged, "I have a meeting with the soccer team." She explained as they walked down the science hall.

Her girlfriend nodded, "I have to see one of your games." Cheryl said, taking her books as they made it to her algebra class.

Toni smiled, "I'm sure you'd love me on the field." The brunette smirked. Cheryl giggled then sighed as the warning bell went off.

"I'll see you later." Cheryl pouted. Toni pecked her lips which made the pout go away, "Later, baby." Toni smiled before backing away and retreating down the hall.

Cheryl went into class and took her seat, ever since Toni had to start the season for soccer, they switched Toni's algebra class after hers. It made Cheryl pretty sad being that she was getting used to having the tanned girl around.

*********

"Betts, I love you and all but no." Toni shook her head as her hand tightened around Cheryl's who had her head on her shoulder.

"I agree." She and Veronica said at the same time causing them to laugh once more.

"Come on, 'Theryl' sounds like a good ship name!" Betty pouted. Toni looked at Veronica, asking her to control her girlfriend with her eyes.

"Babe...I don't think they like it." Veronica explained gently. Betty raised her eyebrow, "How come?" She asked the couple.

"Because their name is Choni, duh," Kevin said as he placed his tray down. "And how did you know we were talking about ship names?" Toni asked, subconsciously pulling Cheryl closer to her.

"Because Cheryl looks like she's about to attack Betty." Kevin snickered, opening his pudding cup. "I'm not!" Cheryl defended.

"Yeah, you do." Toni and Veronica said making Cheryl sit up properly and huff.

"No, no, no, I'm just joking, baby." Toni pouted, trying to pull Cheryl back. The redhead gave in and laid her head back on Toni's shoulder. Toni smiled, kissing Cheryl's forehead.

"Choni." Betty nodded making the two girls look up with raised eyebrows, "What?" Cheryl asked.

"Choni. Cheryl plus Toni is Choni." She explained, "That's the ship name." She nodded firmly.

"Thank you." Kevin smiled, nudging the blonde. She rolled her eyes before leaning her head on Veronica's shoulder.

"So, what's everyone doing this weekend?" Toni asked. Cheryl shrugged, "I have to babysit Danny." She sighed.

"My mom is taking me out for a manicure," Betty said and Toni turned to look at Veronica.

"My dumb father is making me go see my grandmother this weekend." The raven-haired girl said frustrated.