Chapter 90

The morning sun glared into the kitchen as the family ate their breakfast together. But today was a more different day. Instead of taking the kids to school, they were taking them to work.

The distract of schools in their area planned a "bring your kids to work" day for all the kids to learn something about their parents or just in general. Toni immediately fell in love with the idea so she convinced Cheryl, with kisses, and the redhead gave in.

"Eat up, my love. We have to be there early today." Toni told Hunter, placing his plate of food in front of him.

"Kay, momma." the boy nodded. Cheryl is taking Aliana and Grayson, while Toni is taking Leileena and Hunter.

It was a perfect mix-up since Aliana and Grayson are quieter and calmer while Hunter and Leileena are more active. Plus, Hunter loves soccer so Toni wasn't going to miss the opportunity to teach him something.

"Mommy, what do you do as a lawyer?" Aliana asked, tilting her head with curiosity. "Well, I work on some cases and help people get justice." the redhead explained.

"Mommy has a cool job. Alia." Hunter speaks up. "She even works with the FBI." he grinned.

"Sometimes I do, Hunty. Most of the time it's the police or detectives." Cheryl corrected him. "Still cool!" the boy insisted.

"Thank you, my love. I'm glad that you think that." she smiled at him softly. "Mommy, will I be able to work with the FBI too?" Aliana asked, her hazel eyes lighting up.

"No, baby. Not today." the redhead shook her head. "But I promise it'll be fun, okay?"

"Okay!" the girl grinned. Grayson slammed his little hand on his food tray causing his pancake to fly off of his tilted plate. "Duce!" he demanded.

"Oh my god-" Toni groaned. "Grayson Elias- What-" Cheryl was about to scold him but Toni beat her to it.

"Grayson, what did I tell you about throwing your food, huh?" she raised an eyebrow at her one-year-old son. "Now you behave and wait like a good boy." she then pointed a stern finger at him. Pouting, Grayson looked down, sad.

"Don't fall for it, momma!" Aliana spoke up.

Grayson learned this new trick; pouting. The boy is an observer. Meaning he watches and soaks it up. Recently, his favorite new skill is pouting. He pouted during bathtime when he couldn't get his rubber duck. He pouted when his mothers would announce bedtime. He pouted when Hunter won't let him play on his iPad. You get it. He pouts to get his way. And they fall for it. Sometimes. And that time is not now.

Grayson looked over at Cheryl with his "sad" blue eyes.

"Don't give me that look." Cheryl shook her head. "Mmm." he hummed sadly and started to quiver his lip. "Oh god." the lawyer breathed out and forced herself to look away. Hunter watched the interaction with an amused grin. The boy knew one of them was going to fold. He did last week when his little brother wanted a bite of his big cookie.

Sighing deeply, Toni bent down to clean up his mess. Leileena's sticky syrup-covered hands grazed the back of her mother's head, getting it in her hair.

"Leileena!" the woman groaned. Her wife turned to see what happened and her eyes widened as she grimaced at her wife's facial expression. She knew that facial expression like the backs of her hands. Toni had on her "I'm trying not to get upset" expression.

"Let's have more kids! My wife says so happily. Okay! I say so dumbly." Toni grumbled.

"Hey! That's mean!" Aliana crossed her arms. "Yes." her momma took a deep breath. "You're right, my beauty. I apologize." the woman then glared at Cheryl who mouthed sorry and blew a small kiss.