Chapter 89

Cheryl and Toni knew that being on earth meant that you had to grow up. They understood that. But it doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt them any less to see their kids growing up right before their eyes.

Today, Grayson and Leileena are turning one. And to celebrate, the mothers booked a weekend stay at Great Wolf Lodge. They decided to take the kids during the warmer weather since Cheryl and the twin's birthday landed in the warmer seasons. Cheryl definitely wasn't going to spend her birthday at a water park, so the twins were the best choice. And May in California was absolutely hot so it gave them all the more reason to go.

The morning sun shined through the living room of their suite. The place was huge and definitely worth the 2k for the 3 days they'd be staying.

They woke up before their kids did so they could decorate the room a bit. Cheryl put up the balloons while Toni hung up the banner. Gray and Lei's day! It's what it read. Toni customized it and after realizing it rhymed, she couldn't NOT buy it.

"It's crazy how we planned all of this and they won't even remember one bit of it when they're older." Toni pointed out with a chuckle.

"That is true, yes. But I see it as making them happy at the moment. Because we could easily do this again for them when they're older. And we have two older ones to tell them over and over about how much fun we're going to have."  Cheryl smirked as she tied the final balloon onto the little hook.

"That is true. You know, sometimes I forget that we're rich and I'm famous and all that jazz."

"That's because you're humble, my love." her wife shrugged. "You don't go around showing off anything, but your family. I mean, I forget too. Whenever I'm in court and we have a case that involves children, they're always asking me about you and I get a little frightened until I remember that you're a national soccer player that every soccer fan knows and loves."

Toni smiled softly before turning to look at her. "You talk about me at your job?" she teased. "Shut up." the lawyer grumbled and made her way over to her.

The brunette laughed softly and wrapped her arms around her wife once she was close enough. "I love you." she stared into her wife's blue eyes. She swears they get more beautiful every time she catches them.

"I love you more."

"Not possible." she shook her head. "Oh, but it is. It is very much possible." the redhead insisted.

"I'm sorry, baby. There's just no way that you love me more than I love you." Toni shrugged and started to massage the baby hairs on Cheryl's neck.

The redhead rolled her eyes in defeat and Toni smirked. "I'm Toni Topaz, my love. You can't beat me." she boasted. Cheryl raised her eyebrow and Toni cleared her throat. "I mean at that, of course."

Cheryl laughed softly causing Toni to do the same. "From a public perspective, people would think I boss you around or something."

"No, because we boss each other around." Toni joked.

"Exactly." her wife played along. She pulled her wife into a soft kiss and the athlete smiled against her lips as she tilted her head to deepen it.

The sound of Cheryl's phone going off made them pull away with a sigh. "Who the hell is being a clock blocker at 10 in the morning?" the tanned woman huffed. Cheryl laughed as she made her way over to her charging phone near the Tv.

"It's Jason. He says that Daniel and Jordan are awake and they wanna head down to the waterpark." the pale woman divulged.

Of course, the family had to tag along with them. Jason with his wife and two boys. Emily and Jessica tagged along with Lily. Madison and Lisa tagged along with Eveleigh, who was freshly a year old too. Andrew and Marie allowed Toni to take Alexa with them so the teen was already in the other bedroom, possibly sleeping too. And Audrey, who traveled in from Canada again, tagged along with her husband and two kids. So it was just a big family trip, minus the grandparents and Beronica.