Chapter 76

5 months later (May)

"Mommy and I have something we want to talk you about." Toni sat their 3-in-a-half-year-old daughter on her lap while Hunter sat on Cheryl's lap. "Are we finally getting another dog!?" Hunter asked excitedly.

"No!" Toni said with a wide smile and shook her head. Hunter's smile dropped and Cheryl chuckled. "It's even better, bub." she rubbed his back.

"We're getting a frog!" Aliana clapped. Toni blinked repeatedly in shock. "A frog? What would we be doing with a...frog?"

"Keep it as a pwet! Hubby said that his clwass has a froggy!"

"Baby, no. We're not getting a frog." Toni dismissed the idea. When she saw her daughter's pout, she sighed, "Maybe...when you're older..." she reconsidered.

"Yay! Tank you, mommy!" she kissed Toni's cheek. "Aww, no problem, baby." she grinned and Cheryl cleared her throat. "Back on topic."

"We've been doing a lot of thinking." Cheryl started, looking at her wife. "And talking," Toni added. "And we want to have another baby."

"Finally!"

"Yucky!"

Toni laughed at Aliana's reaction. "Baby, why is it 'Yucky'?"

"I won't be the wittle one anymore." she pouted.

"Alia! It'll be amazing! You'll get to hold it and feed it. I got to do that with you." Hunter grinned.

"See, lovie, it won't be so bad." Cheryl tucked a loose strand of hair behind her daughter's ear. "It'll be like having a baby doll. Except you can't throw it, drool on it, or be rough with it."

"Bad example, my love. But thank you." Toni kissed her cheek. "Look, Alia. Having a little brother or sister would be so cool. I love being an older sister. Trust me, it's fun!" the brunette told her gently.

"And no matter what, you'll always be our wittle one," Cheryl spoke up. "Mmm." Aliana hummed with uncertainty. "Do you promwise?"

"We promise." the two say in unison. "We love you two so much and that wouldn't change just because we'd have another baby. Okay?" Toni said.

"Okay." Aliana smiled, warming up to the idea. "I want a sister!" she grinned. "Hunter's a lot."

"Oh, we know," Cheryl whispered. "Hey! I'm literally sitting right here!" the boy scoffed. Cheryl giggled and tickled his side, "I'm just kidding, baby. I love you and your extraness. You get it from Toni. That's how I fell in love with her." she grinned at her wife.

"Awww. Thank you, Cher." Toni smiled brightly.

"Anyways. We have an appointment next week with doctor Sanders-"

"I love that lady!" Hunter grinned, "She gave me lollipops when we used to go for Alia."

"You remember that?" the redhead asked him.

"Mhm! I remember people who give me candy." he grinned. "Yeah. You're your momma's son alright." Cheryl mumbled. Toni laughed and reached over to ruffle her son's hair.

"When will baby be here?" Aliana asked.

"Well, first we have to get it inside of mommy. Then we wait 9 months." Toni explained. "How does it get inside of mommy?" she then asked.

"Uh." Cheryl chuckled nervously. "Hey, how about we not worry about that, yeah? You want a snack?" she tried to change the subject.

"Okay!" Aliana nodded, accepting the snack. "I want a snack too!" Hunter stood up. "How about we all get a snack?" Toni asked, standing with her daughter.