Chapter 35

Waiting for my Algebra one class to start😃👍🏾

2 weeks later

"Baby?!" Cheryl threw her keys into the bowl as she excitedly took off her heels. When she didn't get an answer, she sighed, remembering that the brunette told her practice was running late today.

She frowned, taking out her phone to see the time, "2 hours!" She groaned. The redhead grabbed her bag, placing it on the living room coffee table before heading upstairs to take a shower.

After her much needed shower, Cheryl pulled on some sweats and Toni's hoodie before heading back downstairs to make her a fruit bowl. She plumped on the couch with a sigh and turned on her favorite movie.

Cheryl hadn't even realized the time before she heard keys jiggling in the door. She smiled, getting up. "Baby!" Cheryl squealed, jumping into Toni's arms.

The brunette giggled, dropping her sports bag, "Someone's excited to see me today." She said, squeezing Cheryl's body. Cheryl sighed into her neck.

"Had a rough day?" Toni asked, closing the door behind her the best way she could. "Yeah," Cheryl mumbled.

Toni frowned, placing her down on the floor. "Let me shower because I smell like mud and dirt, after I will cuddle you and you can tell me about your day, kay?" Toni told her and picked her bag back up.

The redhead nodded, returning to the living room to clean up her mess. She washed out the bowl before placing it in the cabinet and heading back into the living room, waiting for her loving fiancé.

15 minutes later, Toni returned, her hair in a messy bun and she was wearing basketball shorts with her sports bra on.

As she walked down the stairs she pulls on a white T-shirt before sitting down on the couch. "Come here, my love," Toni said, opening her arms for the redhead.

Cheryl immediately accepted the invitation, sighing once she felt safe and comfortable. "Go ahead, tell me what happened..." Toni whispered, kissing her hair.

"Well, I had a case today, and as we were on trial, my client pleaded guilty for grand theft of a vehicle, but they didn't do it. They took the blame for their kid, and now my reputation is low because of that." Cheryl sighed.

"Baby, you are the best lawyer I know. Hands down, all the others aren't great as you, what happened today was just a problem for today. Next time you have a case, you will win it, and you'll be glad that you didn't let today bother you." The brunette whispered.

Cheryl smiled and looked up, "You know just what to say to make me feel better."

"Always here for you, baby." Toni winked. The redhead cuddled into her more, squeezing her waist. "How was your day?" The pale woman mumbled, her eyes closed.

"Muddy, tiring, boring. We only had drills to run, and with it lightly drizzling, I started having flashbacks to when I sprang my ankle." Toni sighed.

"Oh yeah, I was so worried," Cheryl said, frowning. "It's alright, beautiful." The brunette woman squeezed her future wife's shoulder.

"What's for dinner?" Cheryl asked, looking up at her. "Whatever you want, my love."

"Oh! I want to try that new burrito at taco bell!" The redhead perked up making Toni smile.

"Well, let's go then." Toni chuckled before getting up.

"TT, we aren't dressed properly." Cheryl said as her fiancé pulled her to the door for their shoes.

"So? We're fine! Come on." Toni said, grabbing the car keys. "Wait up!" Cheryl giggled, closing the door behind them.