Chapter 83

The twins were now a month old. The couple found themselves overwhelmed with baby duties, but so far they were adapting to having 4 kids pretty well. They had a routine that they had to get used to and so far, it's been going as they planned.

Toni slept peacefully as Cheryl cuddled her from behind, the couple in a deep slumber. Cheryl had her face tucked into the woman's neck as Toni had her legs tangled with hers under the covers. This is the first time they ever felt rested, but of course, it wouldn't last long when you have one-month-old twins.

The light on the monitor blinked repeatedly as one of the babies started to cry out for them. Cheryl stirred, only hearing it for a split second before going back to sleep. But then her eyes opened on maternal instinct and she listened closely, sighing once she heard her son's cries. She has learned the difference between the two lately. Grayson's cries weren't loud and pitchy like Leileena's were.

"I'm coming, my love," she mumbled, grabbing her fluffy robe and sliding on her slippers before crossing the hall to the nursery. Upon entering, she cut on the light and breathed out as she rushed over to Grayson's crib. His little limbs moved around as he cried out into the air.

"Okay, okay, baby. It's okay," she said softly, rubbing over his small torso. She picked up his pacifier and placed it in his mouth before gently picking him up. The blanket that she had him tucked in was picked up along with him so she carefully wrapped it around him as she made her way out of the room. She looked at the digital on the wall and sighed when she saw that it was 6:45 am. They usually wake up at 6:30, but 15 minutes isn't so bad.

Grayson cooed quietly as he sucked on his pacifier, staring up at Cheryl. "Are you hungry, baby?" she asked lowly, reaching down to wipe away his stray tears gently. "Hm." he cooed, shutting his eyes when Cheryl's hand came in contact with his face.

"Yeah?" she chuckled softly and went over to the fridge to get his bottle. "Are you trying to talk to me?" she whispered as she opened the microwave to warm his milk. Grayson only stared up at her, which she expected.

The kitchen filled with silence as the redhead waited for 15 seconds. The beeping of the microwave replaced the silence causing the boy in her arms to become startled. "Oh, baby, it's alright. It's just the microwave." she whispered gently as she took the bottle out. She placed some on her arm, nodding when she felt that it's was perfect enough before replacing Grayson's pacifier with his bottle.

"Shit, I should've gotten you a bib." she sighed. She heard footsteps coming from upstairs and sighed in relief knowing that her wife is awake so she can help get breakfast and the kids together for their appointments at 10 a.m.

Cheryl used her chin to support the bottle as she moved around the kitchen to get the pans and pots for breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, grits, and sausages.

"You know, Gray, if you ever become a parent, I want you to know that it's a struggle," she spoke to him quietly, being that his little ears were so sensitive. She made a mental note to tell the doctor about that today.

Toni yawned as she stepped down each stop, Leileena resting in her arms peacefully. Cheryl turned around and sent her wife a small smile. "Good morning, my gorgeous wife."

Toni smiled softly, "Good morning, love." she pecked her lips twice. "Good morning, Gray." she leaned down to kiss his little cheek.

"We woke up a little late today, huh?" Toni asked, going over to the fridge to get Leileena's bottle. "Yeah," Cheryl sighed. "That's fine, Hunter isn't going to school today so we have nothing to worry about but getting them to the doctor's office."

"Chaos. Complete chaos." the tanned woman grumbled causing her wife to laugh. "Welcome to the life of being mommies of 4."

"You can say that again." Toni chuckled, taking the bottle out of the microwave. Once she made sure it was warm enough, she allowed the smaller girl to latch onto the nipple of the bottle.