Chapter 36

Toni put food into Nala's bowl before adding water. "Yeah, Kev. That sounds amazing actually." Cheryl said as she entered the kitchen.

Toni leaned against the counter, watching Nala eat her food. "So, Kevin said he got a venue, and the cake we suggested is underway," Cheryl said happily.

"That's amazing, baby!" Toni smiled. She loved when Cheryl would get excited over the wedding.

"Yeah! So it should be ready in two months." Cheryl said, picking up Nala who was jumping at her legs excitedly.

"Well, I'm so ready," Toni smirked, kissing Cheryl's forehead before grabbing Nala's leash. "How about we take a walk?" Toni suggested.

Cheryl nodded and smiled, following her fiancé out of the house. Toni placed the leash on Nala's collar and let the dog run ahead for about 3 feet before locking the handle.

Toni squeezed her fiancé's hand while clearing her throat, "What time do you have to be at work, my love?" She asked the redhead, watching as Nala excitedly ran to the bush.

"At two." Cheryl sighed, "We have this big case going on, " She added.

"Well, when it's closed, I want you to tell me all about it, kay?" Toni asked. Cheryl nodded, holding onto Toni's arm as she kept her fingers tangled with her fiancé's.

Once Nala was done doing her business, Toni made sure to clean up after her. "I don't know how you can do that." The grossed-out redhead said, shaking her head in disgust.

"Simple, don't think about it." Toni chuckled, throwing the bag in the trash before pulling out hand sanitizer.

"You always carry that with you, " Cheryl laughed. "Babe, I play soccer for a living," Toni smirked.

"Yeah, that's true." Cheryl giggled, taking the leash from Toni before continuing the walk up to their house.

"Hey! Wait for me, baby!" Toni pouted as she jogged behind the giggling redhead who was running back to the house.

********

Toni was on her laptop, strolling through her Pinterest. Nala's head was on her lap as the husky slept peacefully. Her laptop went off, a message popping up at the corner of the screen.

The beat of my ❤️[4:35PM]: Hey, gorgeous! Work is gonna be a little long today, don't wait up for me. I'll just grab dinner on the way home. I love you, baby🥰

Toni[4:36]: That's alright, beautiful. I'll just make me some mac and cheese with nuggets and go to bed. I love you more❤️‍🔥 I'll miss you🥺

The beat of my ❤️[4:36]: I'll miss you more, love. Always thinking of you😘 I'll try to get home earlier, if not, I'll be in bed next to you later on🥰

Toni[4:37]: Alright. You better get back to work before your boss catches you, I love you❤️

The beat of my ❤️[4:37]: I love you more🥰

Toni sighed, closing her laptop and pet Nala's head, the puppy now awake, "Mommy's gonna be coming home late, so it's just us." Toni pouted.

Nala yawned adorably and a small whine came from her, "I know, baby, I know. I'll miss her too." The brunette said.

"How about we go eat something, yeah?" Toni smiled as she stood up standing the puppy in her arms.

She placed food and water in Nala's bowls before going to the fridge and grabbing the nuggets then going to the cabinet to get the mac and cheese.

As Toni made her food, she played with Nala. She giggled when the puppy rolled over on her back, demanding belly rubs. "You're just like Cheryl." The brunette said, rubbing her belly.

After she ate and watched an episode of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", Toni got ready for bed. She had to be on the field at 6 am tomorrow.

"Nala!" Toni called for the dog, fixing the covers on the puppy's bed.

Nala came running into the room, wagging her tail as she got into her bed. "Good girl!" Toni smiled, kissing her head and shutting off the lights then retiring to her and Cheryl's bed.

She sighed, setting the alarm clock that sat on her bedside table. She laid there for five minutes before sitting up with a sigh, "What made me think I could sleep without her?" She shook her head, going over to the closet and replacing her T-shirt with one of Cheryl's T-Shirts.

"That's better, " Toni sighed once she laid down. Soon she was out like a light.

*******

Cheryl unlocked the door, entering the house to quietness, and locked the door behind her. She was exhausted. She placed her bag by the door, along with her heels before going upstairs.

She opened the door to the bedroom and smiled. She giggled lowly when she saw Toni sporting one of her T-shirts and hugging Mr. Bear. Yes, they kept the bear. It was the gift Toni gave her on their first valentine's day together, it's something she will cherish forever.

She made her way to the closet, cutting on the light before grabbing shorts and a tank top. She walked into the bathroom, taking off her pantsuit, and stepping into the shower.

She didn't stay in long. She walked out, shutting off the light. Nala looked up at her as she passed her bed.

"Hey, baby. You glad to see me?" She whispered, bending down to kiss her head before getting into the bed with her fiancé. Cheryl gently pulled Mr. Bear from Toni's embrace and replaced him with herself.

"Cher, " Toni mumbled, resting her head on the redhead's chest before falling back to sleep. Cheryl chuckled, kissing her lips gently since the brunette's face was close to hers.

A small sleepy smile form on Toni's face before it relaxed. Soon, the redhead was out too.

Another filler😭😶‍🌫️