Chapter 6

Friday

Toni checked her breath as she stood in front of Cheryl's house. "You got this, Topaz," Toni whispered to herself. She took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

Madison opened the door and smiled, "Hi." She said. "Hi...I'm here for Cheryl." Toni said, twirling the three roses in her hand.

"She'll be down. Wanna come in?" The youngest redhead asked. Toni nodded, stepping In.

"Oh, this is for you." Toni smiled, handing Madison one rose. "Wow, thank you." The girl giggled with a blush.

"No problem, " Toni nodded as Penelope entered the hall. "Toni, Hi." She said.

"Hi, Mrs. Blossom," The tanned girl smiled, handing her a rose.

"Oh, wow. Thank you." The older redhead smiled. "No problem." Toni nodded.

Soon Cheryl walked downstairs making Toni's smile grow wider. Cheryl was wearing an oversized red hoodie, black leggings, and slip-on vans.

"Hi," Toni said shyly. Cheryl smiled shyly, accepting the rose Toni was giving her. She smelled it and sighed, "I love roses. Who told you?" She asked.

"I took a wild guess." Toni shrugged making Cheryl chuckle. Betty actually told her.

"Have fun, dear. Just have her back by 10, Toni." The older redhead said as she had her arm around Madison.

"Will do, Mrs. Blossom. Nice meeting you." Toni smiled.

"Same here!" The redhead calls back as Cheryl pulled her out of the house.

"Someone's in a rush..." Toni laughed. "Sorry, I just didn't want my mom to s-start questioning you. She did it with my ex-girlfriend." Cheryl explained as she buckled her seatbelt.

Toni frowned at the thought of someone having Cheryl before her but she shook the thought off before starting the car.

"I hope you like frozen yogurt. It's my favorite." Toni smiled. "I love it." The redhead nodded.

Toni nodded and turned up the radio to have some background sound. She placed her hand over the console, hoping Cheryl would place it in hers. But the redhead was too busy staring out of the window. Toni had to do the alternative, "Uh, what's that on your hand?" She asked.

Cheryl looked down, "I don't know. I don't see-" She stopped herself when Toni slipped her hand in hers, "Oops, it was just my hand." Toni smirked. Cheryl blushed, a smile creeping on her face.

"T-That was pretty smooth." Cheryl giggled. Toni smirked coyly, "I know. I get it from-" she stopped when she was about to say the word that could ruin their date, "My parent." She finished.

Cheryl smiled, "That's cool. I'd like to meet him one day." She said. "You're about to. He's not leaving until 5," Toni told the redhead as she parked in the frozen yogurt's parking lot.

Soon the two girls were settled in their booth as they made conversation.

"So then I told her, 'You can't eat glue!' Betty was a weird little girl." Cheryl said. She was getting used to Toni's presence, she wasn't so shy and quiet anymore.

"Tell me about it. And I also grew up with her, but I never heard about you." Toni said.

"When I was smaller, I never liked hanging outside but I stayed with my Nana most of the time. So I was never around anymore, she lives in New York. And when I turned 16, I moved back but I wanted to continue being homeschool. This year I finally wanted to start public school." The redhead explained. Toni just watched and listen.