Chapter 95

⚠️slight mention of homophobia⚠️

Turning double digits is a big milestone in the Topaz house. For Hunter's 10th birthday, last year, they took a trip to a nature resort, per Hunter's request, and they had a ball. 

Over the last few months, the couple has been keeping up with Aliana on what she'd want to do for her birthday. And they always got the same response. "A trip to Washington, D.C."

So Toni and Cheryl gladly planned the whole thing out. The kids had school, but the couple excused them for the week. They were going to fly out to Washington a day before their daughter's birthday, which is a surprise, and then that's where they'll be staying for the rest of the week.

Aliana was confused when Toni told her to pack a week's worth of clothes. When the girl asked where they were going, Toni only replied, "It's a surprise." so she stopped asking.

So that's what everyone is doing at the moment. Cheryl helped Grayson and Leileena pack since they were five and have no idea what they were doing. Hunter had already packed since he was in on the whole plan. His love for surprising his family only grew as he got older. The boy loves to see the people around him genuinely happy.

"Hunter, you can only bring your switch. Not the whole console. We will be out and about so you won't really be on it anyway." Toni packed away her clothes.

"But momma, I wanna put it on the Tv in the hotel room. I like it that way." the boy huffed.

"She said no, Phoenix. Give up." Cheryl entered the room, Leileena holding onto her hand. The small redhead was ready packed so she was just following her mommy around.

"Fine." the 11-year-old groaned and walked out, grumbling under his breath. "Keep that up, and you won't be bringing anything with you! Don't test me, boy!" Toni called after him.

Toni breathed out through her nose, shutting her eyes for a moment. Sensing her wife's stress, Cheryl told Leileena to go see if her older sister needed help. The mini Cheryl complied excitedly and left the room in a skip.

"Baby, how about you relax for a few? I got the rest of this." the redhead requested and rubbed over her wife's shoulders. "You're so tensed, my love." she frowned.

Toni let out another sigh and took a seat on the bed, Cheryl following suit, only getting on her knees so she can see Toni's face. "What's wrong, TT?"

"I just want everything to be perfect for Alia. She's so excited to turn 10 and I don't want this to be ruined for her." the woman explained. Cheryl smiled softly and reached up to cup her face, tucking some curls away from her wife's pretty face. "TT, Aliana appreciates everything we do for her. She knows that sometimes things don't go according to plan and she understands that." Toni looked down as her wife spoke.

"And, hey..." Cheryl picked her head up. Brown eyes met blue ones and Toni felt all of her worries melting away. "She loves us so whatever we do for her, she wouldn't care because she just wants to be around us. So don't stress your beautiful little head, my baby. All is well, kay?" the redhead smiled softly.

"Thank you, Cher. I needed that." the brunette squeezed the hand that was resting on her cheek, leaning into it slightly.

"It's what I'm here for, TT." the lawyer kissed her softly before standing up. "Now, you relax while I finish packing so we can get to the airport in time. For once."

Toni laughed at the last part, nodding at her wife's demand. The brunette leaned back into the bed as she watched her wife put away the rest of their folded clothes. "Do you think she'll cry once we reveal where we are going?" Cheryl asked, a hint of a smile on her face.