Chapter 86

"Shh...Alia." Toni gently hushed her daughter as they tiptoed past her bedroom door. Aliana covered her mouth and stopped what she was saying as they passed the door.

Today was Cheryl's birthday. And as usual, the family woke up extra early to sunrise her with her traditional birthday breakfast. Once they reached the lower level, Toni let Aliana down and the auburn-haired girl ran into the kitchen where Hunter, Leileena, and Grayson were. The twins, feed and full, we're in their rockerRoos, sleeping the morning away as usual. Hunter was sitting on the counter, his Nintendo switch in hand.

"You do know school starts up in 3 weeks, right?" Toni told her son, taking the game out of his hand. The boy sighed and nodded. "Please don't remind me." he jumped off of the counter.

"Hush and help me make mommy's birthday breakfast." Toni chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair.

"Ohhh! What are we making her?!" he grinned excitedly. Toni adored that most about him. He never grew out of his excitement to surprise the family.

"Her favorite." his mother replied, going to the fridge to grab the ingredients. Before she could start, the twins started to get fussy so she moved them into the living room, where the hamper was. She grabbed the monitor and walked back into the kitchen.

"Okay, you absolutely gorgeous beings, let's make mommy some birthday breakfast!" she clapped her hands together. Toni cracked the eggs while Hunter mixed the batter for the pancakes. Aliana's job was to lick the spoon once Hunter was done. Toni poured the confetti flavored batter into the pan before doing the same with the eggs.

"You guys want some oatmeal?" she then asked.

"Yes please." Hunter nodded. "Me! Aliana wants some."

"Okay, baby. I know." Toni chuckled, picking her up and kissing her cheek repeating causing the small girl to squeal happily. She sat her on the counter before going to start their oatmeal. The two of them loved it more than she and her wife did.

"How old is mommy turning today?" Hunter asked, taking a big spoon of his oatmeal.

"You sure you wanna know? We're kind old." Toni joked. "Please!" he nodded. "Okay. Mommy turns 34 today."

"34? Oh wow!" the small boy said in awe.

"Mommy isn't old. Mommy's still young. Like me." Aliana grinned. "Exactly, baby. I was only joking." Toni chuckled, placing Cheryl's food onto a plate. She poured her wife some apple juice. Put two toasted bread slices on the tray along with a fork and butter knife. She put two little packs of butter on the side then a bowl of sliced fruit. Once she was done, she grabbed the baby monitor along with the tray before making her way upstairs, Hunter and Aliana not too far behind her.

She entered their bedroom quietly as possible, being sure to tell the two little ones to stay quiet too. Toni placed the tray down on Cheryl's bedside table, grimacing when the tray hit the surface a little too hard.

Her wife stirred slightly, grunting as she turned over to face her. She still had her eyes closed so Toni let out a breath.

"Okay, let's go guys. Her alarm should be ringing soon." the brunette whispered and they left the room quietly. After eating breakfast herself, Toni cleaned the kitchen while Aliana and Hunter chased each other around the house.

She heard footsteps coming from the stairs and looked over to see her wife. The redhead was glowing and radiating happiness. "Hey, you. Happy birthday, my love." the woman grinned, going over to peck her lips.

"Thank you, baby." the redhead sighed. "Thank you for the breakfast, it was amazing," she added, pressing another kiss to her wite's lips.

"Of course, baby. Hunter, Aliana, and I made it with lots of birthday love." Toni smirked.