Chapter 7

Cheryl took a deep breath as she walked up to her locker where Toni was talking with Emily. She quietly opened her locker, placing her stuff in when she heard Toni calling her.

"Uh?" Cheryl asked, she was in her own world.

"I said Hi, cutie." Toni giggled as she leaned on Emily. "H-Hi." The redhead replied shyly with a blush.

"Emily, this is Cheryl. Cheryl, this is Emily, Betty's and I's third wheel." Toni smirked making Emily smack her head.

"Don't believe her, Toni was the third wheel. Betty and I are inseparable." The curly-haired girl smirked. Toni rolled her eyes and moved Emily's hand as she held it out for Cheryl to shake. When Emily raised an eyebrow at Toni, Toni just gives her a 'go with it' look. Emily sighed, "It's so nice to meet you, Cheryl. Toni is always telling me about how pretty you are." She smirked making both girls blush.

"Shut up!" Toni whispered, smacking her best friend's arm. "Ow! Geez, I was just telling the truth." Emily said. Cheryl giggled lowly making Toni's blush spread.

"Well, I have to go, Mr. Karev is more cranky than usual." Emily rolled her hazel eyes. Toni chuckled, "When is he ever not cranky?"

Emily shrugged, waving as she walked down the hall, leaving the two girls. "You have Algebra 2 first?" Toni asked the redhead, getting her English book.

"Sadly, yeah." The redhead said quietly. Toni smiled at her, "See you after then, " She winked before walking away. Cheryl let out the breath she was holding as she grabbed her Algebra 2 notebook and shut her locker.

******

"Alright, for this part of the project your partner has to hold the scalpel while you hold down the frog. People with the scalpel, I need you to find the gizzard of the frog." Mr. Don said as he paced the room.

Cheryl and Toni decided that Toni will cut open the frog while Cheryl holds it down since Cheryl was very disgusted with the whole idea.

"Mhm, good Job, ladies." He smiled at them as Toni pulled out the organ and placed it on a tray, she had gloves on of course.

"Now, switch." He told them. Cheryl took a deep breath as Toni handed her the scalpel. "I promise it's not even bad," Toni reassured, holding her hand as she helped Cheryl cut through the frog's chest.

"Ew!" Cheryl giggled as Toni pulled another organ out. "H-How can you d-do this?" The redhead whimpered.

"I've been doing this since middle school." Toni chuckled and Cheryl blushed. How could she forget she was homeschooled?

"But, I always hated it. In 7th grade, I started a riot because I hated that we had to cut through frogs. I got into trouble with my pops, but it was super worth it." Toni giggled as Cheryl laughed lowly.

"I can imagine tiny you standing on a table chanting 'Save the frogs!' That's so cute!" The shy girl laughed. Toni rolled her eyes playfully, "I did."

Cheryl started laughing harder but not too loud. "You're too much, Topaz," Cheryl said once she calmed down.

Toni shook her head with a chuckled as she smiled at Cheryl, staring at her lips before looking up at her eyes.

***********

"But I don't think he is." Betty shook her head as she explained why Archie was absent today.

"Did he text you and tell you?" Her girlfriend asked, eating her salad.

"No, but I saw his mom this morning. She said he wasn't feeling well. That's why I have to drop his work off." The green/blue-eyed blonde explained.

"Well, tell him we said to feel better." Toni smiled. Betty nodded.

"Does anyone have the notes for Mr. Brown's class?" Kevin asked as he sipping on his caprisun.

"I do," Cheryl spoke quietly. "Can I please skim over them? I have him next." Kevin asked.

"Yeah, sure." Cheryl nodded, taking out her book before turning to the page.

"Oh! Girls, so my dad is having some type of new change and he wanted me to ask you guys over for a sleepover. Something along the lines of 'I don't get out enough' or whatever." Toni said as she remembered the conversation between her and her father.

"I'm down." Betty nodded. "If Betts in then so am I, " Veronica said.

Three of them looked at Cheryl who looked up from her calculus book, "Oh...I-I don't know. S-sleep overs aren't really my thing. I haven't slept away from home in years." The redhead shook her head.

Toni pouted, "Please, Cher. I promise if you don't want to stay any longer, I will drive you home myself."

"I don't know. I'm not used to being from home." The redhead sighed. "I'll be there. Remember all of the sleepovers we had at my house when we were 6?" Betty asked, holding Cheryl's hand.

Cheryl looked between the three girls, sighing once more at the pouts they expressed, "Okay..." Cheryl gave in.

"Yes! We are going to have so much fun!" Toni smiled.

"I love how you girls never invite me to sleepovers," Kevin said, "I'm gay." He added.

"My father said girls only, Kev. I'm sorry, maybe next time." Toni patted his back. The boy nodded, "It's okay anyway, My parents want to take me and Lucas camping." He shrugged, referring to his younger brother.

"How is Lucas? Getting any better?" Toni asked a smile creeping on her face when she felt Cheryl's fingers brush against hers.

"Yeah, he's getting much better. But he's off his leg for a while." Kevin said. Lucas is in 7th grade, he loves baseball but he recently broke his leg so now he's on bed rest.

"Glad he's doing better, Kev." Veronica smiled. Toni's smiled grew wider as Cheryl interlaced their hands, focusing on her notes. Toni looked up and rolled her eyes when Betty made a heart and pointed at Cheryl.

She looked down at their hands with a smile, she couldn't wait until the sleepover.